Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI 500mW labby

Awesome nice thick beam. Good acquisition. How does the unit itself look and feel? Neatly finished?

Nice pics climbak! Nearly 600mW of green light has to be awesome, I'm sure that thing outside at night is like a lightsaber!

Murudai said:
I wonder how much a 1 watt green costs...
I will give you a rep point if you buy a 1 watt labby. ;D

diachi

Even though its not a CNI, its still probably fairly good, after all its from aixiz.

Thanks for the link! 2 grand was about what I was expecting.

I'll put it on my wish list :D

I think the 1 W from CNI is about $1700 give or take a couple hundred. The finish on the laser itself is great. Nice black finish, the module itself is very clean looking. Has a aperture shutter. I will hopefully do a nice full write-up on it tomorrow.

$1700 for the 1 Watt CNI? Sweet as. That's going to be my next purchase, since I can't get portables anymore (not that I need anymore, got all the ones I need).

I'll be throwing it in to a scanner system eventually, that's the plan :)

Can't wait for the review! ;D

Things

Murudai said:
$1700 for the 1 Watt CNI? Sweet as. That's going to be my next purchase....

How bout sending 1 up my way too :p unless you live above Cairns somehow :p

FrothyChimp, dude, can you please get us a beamshot picture of the fabled 60W 532nm unit of awesomeness and monkies and toothpaste?

I'm not sure if he's really allowed to go around firing up 'brand new' lasers... or else they wouldn't really be brand new anymore. :'( Not to mention, I wouldn't even want to breathe on, let alone touch, a customers 60W 532. Thats a lot of money sitting there... :eek:

Diachi said:
Even though its not a CNI, its still probably fairly good, after all its from aixiz.
I've heard bad things about Aixiz high powered modules, I can't remember the stories but you can ask Psuedonomen137 about them.

diachi

GooeyGus said:
I'm not sure if he's really allowed to go around firing up 'brand new' lasers... or else they wouldn't really be brand new anymore.  :'(  Not to mention, I wouldn't even want to breathe on, let alone touch, a customers 60W 532. Thats a lot of money sitting there...  :eek:

Do they not give them a burn in period anyway ?