Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI 1W 447nm PGL-III-C

hm. Interesting, not quite as "line" as the DIY builds (or even the Arctic it seems). So either there is a little correction going on, or at leas they're using a better lens -- or the focus isn't quite as tight?

I know the camera doesn't reveal it well but how tight of a beam is it? How's the focus and divergence? (I know they're not the same thing - but one can override the other.)

DJNY

What'd you do/use to get the steam shots?
I used a smoke cartidge

hm. Interesting, not quite as "line" as the DIY builds (or even the Arctic it seems). So either there is a little correction going on, or at leas they're using a better lens -- or the focus isn't quite as tight?

I know the camera doesn't reveal it well but how tight of a beam is it? How's the focus and divergence? (I know they're not the same thing - but one can override the other.)

I´m waiting for Ava´s response, also according the correction optics. Maybe she is still at the engineer´s place and doesn´t have time to answer my question(s).. ;)

DJNY

I talked to Ava from CNI according the beam/dot of the 1W 447nm lasers...

They don´t have a method to enhance the beam quality yet, the beam profile is decided by the LD.
But she tells me ASAP they find a good method, then I´m sending back my laser and they do the collimation (+evtl. make it adjustable).

3zuli

wow, nice laser! I'm also wonderng about how much did it cost?
now I should make a trip to Vienna :D I don't need your adress, I'll just follow that blue laz0r beam of d00m :shhh: [j/k]

Last edited:

DJNY

HAHA try it ;)

BTW... BUMP WITH NEW PICS!!!
Anyone able to explain me the sudden fluorescing effect in the last "bathroom-pic"?

Same price as in GB#11 right now, I think $270 before shipping.

you forgot to say us the PRICE :) hwy the power is very good over 1watt! no like WL that shipped out 700/800mw units... with NO rounded beam( false advertising!)

how can you compare the beam with a green one? in your pic i noticed the 200mw green is about same brightness of 1watt blue.....

and... last stupid question: WHY i see so much difference in wawelenght? 445nm? 447? BUT you received a 449 XD ....ur nm is more visible... wow. CNI ship out freaks diode .....with higher wavelenght!?!?!

DJNY

For the price, I paid $290product+$65shipping+$5insurance+$45urgent wire transfer=$405

The diode was a cherry picked one, I´m going to compare it with my Arctic if I get it back from customs. You can´t -say there is a difference- only on a photo, but the comparison is going to solve this case, hopefully ;)

and... last stupid question: WHY i see so much difference in wawelenght? 445nm? 447? BUT you received a 449 XD ....ur nm is more visible... wow. CNI ship out freaks diode .....with higher wavelenght!?!?!

Because as these diodes increase in power then tend to move up in wavelength a bit. CNI is being accurate, while WL is just spouting out numbers. They are the same diode, and will be the same wavelength.