Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cmak begging for rep...

Has any one else received PM's from Cmak regarding bribes for +rep?

Here is the PM I received... I thought it should be brought to the forums attention and that people should know what Cmak is doing.

Hello! I've been lurking around LPF since '08 but just signed up recently. I'm looking for a bit of a headstart... Do you think you could +rep me if I donated to you or LPF? Thanks a ton and have a great day!

-cmak

Here was my response to his PM

Are you kidding me? Rep is not to be sold or bought! It is earned! Many members have done great things here for others in exchange for their time and some times money, this is what deserves respect and gratitude. Donating to the forum on a one off situation should not be a way to gain this respect or reputation in this forum.

In regards to getting a head start.... a head start in what?? I will not give you rep for no reason. People look at rep as a judge of character, if the member can be trusted, if he is helpful, if he is loyal.. etc. This is looking like a bad judge of character on you.

I'm speechless and really can't put into words how stupid this sounds to me... to me this is a disrespect to all members who have worked for their rep... but on the other hand as Mike always says... it will not buy you coffee. I just think this is wrong and that others should know about this matter. I have decided to make a thread about this situation and see what the other members of this forum think of this.

I strongly disprove of this behavior...:tsk: what do you think about this? I just find it weird that he would ask for a "head start" and that he needs Rep... I have a feeling... and can smell a scammer in the midst.. but could be wrong.

Last edited:

Agreed Adrian... It's wrong.

It's insulting actually, My rep points may not be the highest, but every single one happened on it's own for one deed or another.

Asherz

Also received one, I ignored it.

I think he should be warned it's against the rules or just that it's ethically wrong, you get rep because you earn it, not because you've been lurking for years and want a "head-start."

Asherz

Did you see the post in Laserbee's basics of the rep system thread??

Yea I just read it, I think he was trying to brown nose his way to rep :p

It is a useful thread, and I could understand giving +rep, but not after he's just sent out tons of PM's begging for rep, it is suspicious.

I would've given him a - rep for it.

Look at his profile, I didn't. (I almost wanted to though)

I don't toss out negative reps lightly, negative reps are damaging, so I need to feel strongly before I give one.;)

I also NEVER give a plus rep just to counteract another members negative rep.

The system only works if it has some integrity to it, some members toss out reps like tootsie rolls at a kiddie parade, but not me.:yh:

daguin

I thought rep was like the free T-shirts you get from radio stations.

One free rep point an hour to the 17th caller. Then they are then put in the running for the weekly trip to Bermuda

(all expenses paid at the lovely Sand Castle Resort, winners need not be present to win, taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, a form 1099 will be provided, employees of LPF or its affiliates and their families are not eligible to play, listeners must wait 90 days before winning another prize, i before e except after c, the party of the first part, to whit and whereas, the party of the second part, so sayeth the prophet)

Peace,
dave

do I sense a wee hint of sarcasm there Dave.....

hamster.gif