Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED! Now Distributing ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Look what came at my doorstep today! :)

img2251e.jpg

img2253nk.jpg

Absolutely awesome feels like Christmas! :) To bad i can't keep all of them. Too much money :p

I don't have the time to measure everything today! I will post a sales thread in the BST after the weekend for the lasers that aren't allready sold! Kevinn still did not reply to my question about the shipping cost. I will just take GB shipping if he does not respond and if wil refund the difference IF it is lower then expected.

thanks all!

Robin

:D Awesome!

I see one case with my name on it :)

:drool: Sm..

Just took some readings. They all performed good with imr and duracell batteries! Only one pen was 20mW underspec but i will try again later maybe it likes to get hot first like some of the skylaser pens.

Greetings,,

Sounds good Offroad :)

Thank you for testing and doing all this for us :wave:

+1 when i can.

Pman

Let me know what I owe for an lp532:)
Thanks a bunch as always. Still no +1 to throw your way again yet:(
Glad my wife didn't see all that stuff show up here:eek::D

HA! was just able to rep you:)

Marco, the post office said it would be there Saturday. I can neither confirm or deny something else may be in the box:p

:paypal::thanks: Robin!

Last edited:
Hey guys! PL808 and LP532-150 getting shipped in a few hours and the 515 is sold pending payment till tuesday.

The shipping was 164$ 0.o jeez that is even more expensive then this gb prices. because kevin told me fedex is more expensive then DHL (wish that he told me that before he shipped it)

greetings,

robin

Pman

Holy smokes! Any idea how much DHL would have been?
Dying to know some of the other outputs such as the 808 and the PL532:pop:
That sure is alot of 808... Wondering if you will actually be able to see a slight red beam and not just a spot.

In other news, no work yet today:( Suppose I'll have to spend more time here with my forum friends and/or modify another cheapo pen:) Always seems like there's a hundred other things I have to do but would rather browse the forums....

Last edited:
Holy smokes! Any idea how much DHL would have been?
Dying to know some of the other outputs such as the 808 and the PL532:pop:
That sure is alot of 808... Wondering if you will actually be able to see a slight red beam and not just a spot.

Yes DHL was cheaper like the GB prices. But DHL allways asks those fee's in the EU so i choose fedex not knowing it was that expensive. Here are some graphs of the PL532. I will post the graph of the 808 if SM approves.

pl532600.png

I do think it can do better. This was the first run! And with the 808 is does output more then 3W and you see a very faint red dot. It really scares me to be honest.

greetings,,

Pman

Even though my lp808 outputs 476mw and I have IR glasses I'd have to admit I treat it with more caution than all my others. I feel a bit edgy messing with it even with protection.
My 808 puts out a faint red dot on the wall as long as the room isn't bright.

Last edited:
Sure you can post the graphic of the 808 Offroad.
Can't think of à reason why not.

Sure you can post the graphic of the 808 Offroad.
Can't think of à reason why not.

Allrighty :beer: Just wanted to make sure because maybe you wanted to test it for yourself first :) This was also the first run with imr batteries @ 3.9V and room temperature.

pl8083w.png

I sags quite fast. This can have two reasons:

1. batteries not fully charged? (this laser pulls MAJOR current, even imr's felt warm)

2. It is normal for a 808nm at this power?

I will let SM do the research on this one i allready packaged it :) I will be heading out to the post ofice in a bit. Have some work i need to finish.

greetings,,

Pman

Is it just for your collection Smeer or are you planning something else?
That must be a new one as their site doesn't list a 3W one.
I think you just might be able to make out a red beam in a dark room with fog at that kind of power

Last edited:
Is it just for your collection Smeer or are you planning something else?
That must be a new one as their site doesn't list a 3W one.
I think you just might be able to make out a red beam in a dark room with fog at that kind of power

Hi Pman,

This one "808" is just mainly indeed for collecting.
It's à wavelenght i don't have yet, And are not That expensive.
So i figured, why not ^_^

I Will surely try it out in combo with nightvision And film this, And just kinda curious how it Will look with fog or smoke.

Cheers, Sm.

Typing with iPhone surely sucks with auto correction on :-@

Pman said:
Marco, the post office said it would be there Saturday. I can neither confirm or deny something else may be in the box:p

Hmm, what could it be, what could it be??? :thinking: :whistle:

Pman said:
Even though my lp808 outputs 476mw and I have IR glasses I'd have to admit I treat it with more caution than all my others. I feel a bit edgy messing with it even with protection.

My 808 puts out a faint red dot on the wall as long as the room isn't bright.

A friend of mine was considering getting an IR pointer because it was cheaper, so I showed him 50mW of 520nm compared to 1000mW of 808. He was blown away that the dim, barely-visible red dot was actually 20 times brighter than the brilliant green dot. Then burned some cardboard with the 808 to further make the point.

I don't have 808 safety glasses so in general I don't operate that laser. There is really no point, since I don't have a NV camera or goggles. However, my regular camera can faintly, just barely, see the beam in a very dark room if there is smoke and the camera is looking straight down the beam axis. I got the 808 for the sake of having the wavelength and not much else.

If I want to burn something I just use my 500mW 405, for which I do have safety glasses. The 405 focuses way better too.

Will not bother with 980 etc. due to their being totally invisible at any power.

Last edited:

Pman

Wow that was quick Smeer! Seems like everything being shipped to me regardless of location has been much slower than normal starting about a month ago:(

Don't get too excited Marco, it's not a rubber chicken or fake dog poo (I crack myself up):crackup:
Not that big a deal. Just have too many of them:)

Last edited: