Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED GITD Laser Shirts AGAIN!

Re: GITD Laser Shirts AGAIN!

Thanks Hak! I wear mine as often as I can haha.

Expanding a bit on what Hack said. The GTID on this is laid on very thick. It's a second thick layer of material, and the glow really does last a while after a quick exposure, especially to UV.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT - If you machine wash, gentle cycle only, low heat drying only (or air dry), and turn them inside out. Otherwise much like my dumbass you'll end up with cracks, and parts of the GTID falling out.

Thanks Infinitus for adding that as well. Those are wise words for caring for your shirt. It's not "fragile" by any means. My shirt goes through the regular warm/cold wash and regular drying... sometimes it's inside out, sometimes it's not. :) I don't have any terrible cracking beyond what you'd expect in a printed shirt after 2 years, but sticking to your regime is sure to keep your shirt lasting.

If I get another one I might wear mine more often/or longer- I have black Pangolin QS and Beyond shirts to wear and get dirty- but for now -trying to keep my 'dethlore' shirt looking brand new. I made a PHR100 mW into a fat beam and can really make my shirt pop. same for blacklights..

At the very least turn them inside out and use low-heat if you must dry them. I've made mistakes with using high heat because I didn't properly read the label on the dryer and it can ruin shirts with prints.

Sometimes I'll just use the low-heat drying for about 5-10 minutes instead of the whole 20 minutes just to get things started and then let it air dry or tumble dry for the remaining time.

good advice BB

I did not want to give the impression that these MUST be handwashed cold-I do that only because they stay just like new that way- I ring out by hand(inside out)and low heat setting in my dryer 10 min at a time- with dryer sheet and ALL the old lint removed from the dryer- I HATE white lint on black shirts ESPECIALLY in blacklight.

just an update, they have been ORDERED! For those that did not get money to me, I can still have the printer do them if you can contact me within the next week (while he gets the other shirts shipped to him).

just an update, they have been ORDERED! For those that did not get money to me, I can still have the printer do them if you can contact me within the next week (while he gets the other shirts shipped to him).

Any idea on an approximate date that they will be in the mail?

We're just in the waiting game right now... I'll update you soon as I have the shirts and once they're done, it will be just a day or two to get them out.

Thanks everyone for making this run possible!

Last edited:

Just talked to the printer, he has the shirts and will be getting them printed mid next week, so I might be getting them all shipped off next Saturday (not tomorrow)!

BOOOO!

Nah just kidding :na: :D

Given the weather lately I won't be wearing any tshirts by themselves for at least another 4 months.

The more I look at the hilarious "do not look into beam with remaining eye" the more I'm looking forward to these!

Any update of these?

Yeah I've got an update :) Just picked em up today on the way home from work! I'm going to be working on getting them packed and shipped tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I get them all off Monday.

They look great!!!

Word of care from the printer:

Hoodies and poly-like shirts (Infinitus), don't dry hot. air dry or dry warm/cool.
Now, I've had mine for quite a while, hoodies and tees alike, they've gone through hot washes and a hot dryer... but just to take better care, wash/dry warm or cool.

Thank you everyone!

Hoodies and poly-like shirts (Infinitus), don't dry hot. air dry or dry warm/cool.
Now, I've had mine for quite a while, hoodies and tees alike, they've gone through hot washes and a hot dryer... but just to take better care, wash/dry warm or cool.

Very much noted. I felt extremely angry with myself after I ruined four of my polos before.

These will be dried on low or no heat only... and it's been my experience that the material air dries just fine, and quickly too compared to cotton.

Just an update. I got everything packed and weighed, but the post office was closed when I was done. So these will be going out Monday!