Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"CLOSED.!!!" GB: For The New 3.8mm Red Diodes 660nm (REFUNDING.!!!!!!)

Re: "CLOSED.!!!" GB: For The New 3.8mm Red Diodes 660nm (Taking Payments for Round 2)

Hey Guys, A C6 host is anodized on the Inside. However Not all are perfect keep that in mind.

Since its anodize you can use AMC-7135 with this host without it effecting anything. However again keep in mind not all are perfect and there is a chance that it will short with the case.

What you can do to Further Lower the risk of this happening is get a Survival laser Anodized heatsink. He sells some cool red ones too.:D:
Red Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink

THESE VIDEOS ARE OLD AND USING LPC DIODES NOT THESE NEW 3.8mm ONES............

Video:

So although iam not recommanding you do this It can be done IF you are willing to chance it.;)

2x AMC-7135 is perfect if you want to try this.

In fact I think iam going to lean more towards 700mA now for my builds. I will be doing this^ Exact AMC Set up on 1 of my builds C6 builds. The Cool part is you can get modes and I dont have to make my mode board.:D

Ive done 2 running at 760mA and they are still going strong and i use 1 of them alot. The other one i build for someone as a gift.:)

Iam not calling any currant yet safe. But i always say you can always turn up the currant rather then set your currant up to high and your diode dies.

Here is what a red laser in this WL looks Like with Modes. Its using XR-Drive V3 with mode:

It sucks so much that i can no longer build the Original Red XR-Drive. I used in these videos.:mad:

@Le Quack Sounds Interesting. What will be the price of your driver.:)

@Blord Your selling them right.?:) If so I can Put something in the OP for you.:D

@grainde i did order some, But the will not be here by the diodes come in.:(

Last edited:

AnthoT

Re: "CLOSED.!!!" GB: For The New 3.8mm Red Diodes 660nm (Taking Payments for Round 2)

That red heatsink in the C6 with a red laser coming out :O

It's so nice :D anyone down for a anodize heatsink GB :crackup: anyways I'll probably get a C6 shell & that heatsink for mine :)

Last edited:

AnthoT

Le Quack, if you want I have a PCB manufacturer that can make 0.08$ PCB's in any soldermask and silkscreen colors you want :D

Hiemal

What are their minimum tolerances? I was going off of what DorkbotPDX requires... if it's any different then there may be issues with it. :/

AnthoT

What are their minimum tolerances? I was going off of what DorkbotPDX requires... if it's any different then there may be issues with it. :/

they can work fine with those & they accept paypal & they take 1 week.

Le Quack lets PM now about this and not hijack this thread :p sorry lazeerer :eek:

AUS

if you want I have a PCB manufacturer that can make 0.08$ PCB's in any soldermask and silkscreen colors you want :D
Double sided for 8 cents? I'm interested in that! I get my boards done in china at the moment. Do they take Eagle files?

I'm debating about using a 7135 board and isolating the heatsink with Kapton tape or making a home made driver board.

AnthoT

Double sided for 8 cents? I'm interested in that! I get my boards done in china at the moment. Do they take Eagle files?

I'm debating about using a 7135 board and isolating the heatsink with Kapton tape or making a home made driver board.

Lol I should organize an LPF panel :p

I think 7135 drivers would work great for this diode :beer:

Any news on these? ;o I'm looking forward to these diodes lol

Iam Waiting to hear the Final Update that they arrived there and then getting ready to ship to me.:)

I will Update as Soon as I hear a Word.:beer:

Just another update Guys.:)

Looks Like they will be Arriving to them Early Next week.:wave:

Then They will be off to me.:)

Ill Keep you guys posted.:)

Sounds good! :pop:

Diodes Have arrived at the Supplier.:wave:

Now they will ship to me.:wave:

More Updates to Come.:wave:

Round 2 i was told that those will Arrive Either Friday or Monday to them.:)

Thanks for everyones Patients.:) You all have been Great.:beer:

Last edited:

gif

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you all this Update that i got last night:

We are around 1 week away from the diodes arriving to the Supplier.:wave: Then they will ship it to me. Then Once i get them i will package them up and get them out to you all.:)

I already got all my packaging and printed out labels ready to go.:) SO once i get them
GB 1 will be only a couple days after i get them to get them all out.:wave:

GB 2 will be really shortly after GB 1. Within the same week i will receive them. SO you guys wont be waiting to much longer after them.:wave:

Thanks For all your Patients.

good to know, thanks for the update. now only if i had ordered 3.8 modules from anthol :(

good to know, thanks for the update. now only if i had ordered 3.8 modules from anthol :(

I got you.;)

AnthoT

lol how many people need 3.8mm modules :p I've got a order with the manufacturer coming soon & ill include some modules :D

Anyways thats good news lazeerer :D these are going to be so cool :cool: