Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

Re: UPDATED NEWS: Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped

Does anyone know a good tutorial for the Dorcy jnr with the original heatsink and flexdrive? I've been looking around for a while but haven't managed to find one.

Barry with this deal are you also offering anything in terms of the full body heat sink?

Barry with this deal are you also offering anything in terms of the full body heat sink?

I am afraid not. I am down to my last few DJR Full-Bodies heatsinks from the last-run. I have these made in batches of 100 and with the DJR stopping production, I will not likley be making any more of these, so when they are gone....

The "DJR-Standards" will be made "manually", so I can make them a few at a time, as long as the are needed,

Thanks,
Barry

I'm surprised they're dropping production, they're such nice torches. Ah well :(. Hope we manage to get the order in before they sell out!

@ Barry, roughly how many of the full-body heatsinks do you have available, since this may be the last chance I have to get them?

Everybody - News!

Dorcy has emailed me - There are only 50 torches left in the warehouse.

PLEASE PUT YOUR ORDERS IN NOW.

Thank you!

Payment will be through paypal, these hosts will be sent to Dave (Daguin) where he will distribute to all of you.

Thank you

Tom

Heatsink aswell?

~Tom

Added to the list.

Re: UPDATED NEWS: Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

I'll take 1
+ heat sink

Last edited:

Beautiful!

If you live close to Dave, this price can be dropped to $12 + HS

Everybody - News!

Dorcy has emailed me - There are only 50 torches left in the warehouse.

PLEASE PUT YOUR ORDERS IN NOW.

Thank you!

Payment will be through paypal, these hosts will be sent to Dave (Daguin) where he will distribute to all of you.

Thank you

Tom

Hi Tom.

I am still offering to cover the missing hosts to complete this group buy without any changes made to the conditions surrounding it.
Everything will be shipped to Dave.
I just don't want this to get lost buy any sales dorcy is doing before we complete the 25.

-Stephan

I. Will pm you tonight. We will discuss this.

Is the built in driver on the dorcy good for a LCC red diode from the GGW? I hear they are usually around 300ma and that would be ok I would think with one of Barrys standard heatsinks.

To be honest, I don't know.

Sorry

~Tom

Is the built in driver on the dorcy good for a LCC red diode from the GGW? I hear they are usually around 300ma and that would be ok I would think with one of Barrys standard heatsinks.

Some have mentioned success with this method, but keep in mind, the stock DJR-driver is not a constant-current, so your mA to the diode will increase some as the diode warms . Also it depends on your battery-voltage as well, 3.7V rechargables will deliver more current than a primary 3.V battery.

I think you will want to add at least 3ohm resistor between the diode and driver, either on the positive or negative-side of the diode to keep the current around 350mA for a LDOC, IIRC.
I have found it easier to add the resistors to the neg-side. If you check out the original-thread, (towards the last-pages) and my "Dorcy Blu-Ray thread", (linked earlier), there are some resistor-values for different-builds, but these driver are not always consistant.
I personally have never lost a diode to using the stock driver, but I have always used some resistors to the driver. I still have the original DJR Blu-Ray with a PS3-diode and stock-driver, still "cranking-out" an amazing 18-20mW. At this time we used to joke about a "Blu-Ray-burner" as if it would never happen, how quickly things change.

Barry

Put me down for one :)

When do we send payment, and who two? Also are these suitable for a flex drive, and a 6x laser? I already have a fully body heat sink :)

Back