Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLens GB #2 Interest_sign-up

I have sent several emails to our supplier....which is the same supplier as sourced in the first C-Lens Group Buy. I have sent their original quote and associated drawings to make sure we are in complete agreement on what we want. I have learned that more details are typically better than not enough details. No reply yet.
Latest CNBC reporting noted that the Chinese Holiday continues to be extended.....so....we wait....and wish them better luck in the face of this possible pandemic. CDBeam

I have sent several emails to our supplier....which is the same supplier as sourced in the first C-Lens Group Buy. I have sent their original quote and associated drawings to make sure we are in complete agreement on what we want. I have learned that more details are typically better than not enough details. No reply yet.
Latest CNBC reporting noted that the Chinese Holiday continues to be extended.....so....we wait....and wish them better luck in the face of this possible pandemic. CDBeam

OK....Am in contact with our supplier. Details coming. They are safe and good....for now !!

CDBeam

All, Waiting on details regarding Alibaba fee and current Fedex fee.... China ====> USA

This GB is finally rolling ahead !!! Been a long time.....Minor, Minor set price increase.... $ 0.60.....not even a cup of coffee!! Will advise ASAP !

CDBeam

Waiting for Alibaba info and Fedex rate. Likely a minor increase....very minor. Last GB was Dec 2018....so 14 months ago ! As soon as this info is settled....I will bug all of you !!! Trust me !! I have previously earned the handle " Group Buy Von Trapp " for good reason !!! That said... Lets roll...wanna confirm all !!

CDBEAM 10 Confirmed
Paul1598419 2 Confirmed
RedCowboy 5 Confirmed
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3 ?
Icecruncher 2 ?
Light Superglue 10 ?
Absolute 2 ?
Bowtieguy 1 ?
Parona85 1 ?
Shotgundrums 3 Confirmed
Alaskan 6 Confirmed
Mattronium 1 Confirmed
Bob_Boyce 3 Confirmed
Coonie 1 Confirmed

My Group Buy Hero Von  Barron with text..jpg
Auf Wiedersehen !!!

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

Yes, I am in for 10 sets all the time since august 2019. Incl. shipping to Spain.

But think about desinfection when you receive the package. Vodka can save us here as it did before - no protein can survive contact with ethanol: viruses, sober humans etc...

PS: can they do other size? A test sample of very small 3mm wide cylindricals for NUBM31 beams?

Hmmm...I choose Chopin Vodka !!! Best to kill virus !! ( Secret is the Young Potato !! ) Sequence of disinfectant...One shot for me....one shot to kill virus on package......PER SET !!!

Estimate needed 100 shots !! This will add $ 3.00 to EACH set costs !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA...Just Kidding !!!

Will spray package from China with Lysol disinfectant....outside surface.....Nothing sprayed on individual sets !!!

I will check on smaller geometry PCX/PCV sets.

CDBeam

Chopin Vodka.png

Please don't attempt to disinfect mine. I want them to come wrapped as they came to you.

Status.

CDBEAM 10 Confirmed
Paul1598419 2 Confirmed
RedCowboy 5 Confirmed
Trinh Hong Phuoc 3 ?
Icecruncher 2 ?
Light Superglue 10 Confirmed
Absolute 2 ?
Bowtieguy 1 ?
Parona85 1 ?
Shotgundrums 3 Confirmed
Alaskan 6 Confirmed
Mattronium 1 Confirmed
Bob_Boyce 3 Confirmed
Coonie 1 Confirmed
MGould 7 Confirmed

Total 57 Sets

Disinfectant to be lightly applied to the Full outside box from China only...NOT to inside contents !!

Thanx to All.

CDBeam

Coonie

Please don't attempt to disinfect mine. I want them to come wrapped as they came to you.

That's going to be an issue. If he doesn't disinfect yours then that means if there is a virus on your package it will leak out to ours. I've seen your comments about how you think it's ridiculous to disinfect packages from china while everyone else wants to do it just to be safe. Don't be an issue to the rest of us just because you want to prove something.
CDbream please disinfect the package as a whole. I don't want to take any chances. If Paul is going to be a continued issue about it I'll have to retract my order.

EDIT: Just read CDbeams comment. OK glad to hear you're spraying the package

MMMM...I still would prefer the Chopin Vodka methodology !!!!! Really....we are maybe 1 1/2weeks out from ordering.....then 6 weeks to manufacture....SO.....in almost 2 months......hopefully this whole nightmare....will be a bad memory !!…. CDBeam

Right desinfection needs strength, not price. Here is my favorite medical sterilizer, I still keep one bottle brought from Dublin years ago just for the case. And these things were traditionally made of potatoes if this is an important point...

BTW in Tallinn (Estonia) many shops sell 80% vodka. Did they know something?

For NUBM31 I think only PCX (very thin but all row long) would be needed but of 2 different focal distances. It was just a preliminary question because we do not even know the crystals orientation in those arrays.
CKXLENSE-S-600w.gif

@ CDBEAM777 : Sent you a PM........Make mine 2 sets please, Thanks.

Right desinfection needs strength, not price. Here is my favorite medical sterilizer, I still keep one bottle brought from Dublin years ago just for the case. And these things were traditionally made of potatoes if this is an important point...

BTW in Tallinn (Estonia) many shops sell 80% vodka. Did they know something?

For NUBM31 I think only PCX (very thin but all row long) would be needed but of 2 different focal distances. It was just a preliminary question because we do not even know the crystals orientation in those arrays.
View attachment 67913
Hmm...I have always used a PCX and a PCV geometry....Maybe will try Two (2) PCX....but...mounting the PCX that is horizontally positioned becomes an increased challenge....as well as alignment from LD thru both optics would be more demanding.

I only choose Chopin....because I had One (1) shot....a long time ago..…..MMMMmmmmm Good !! Right Vodka needs both strength and taste to....er....disinfect my tongue !!! HAHAHA....Just joking about using Vodka for disinfectant …...

Do not know about Estonia ??? Except the Three Stooges had a Short Comedy movie as the location there once !!!

CDBeam