Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Check this out!! (Pictures now available)

Okay, While I was playing with my 532nm 5mw laser in my room. I pointed it at a pink roll of duck tape. And the color of the dot... TURNED ORANGE!!! This only worked with the pink, if you don't believe me, Here are a few pictures. (they are with my cellphone), if you happen to have some lying around, try it with your 532nm.. :)

Attachments

• bigg.jpg
    bigg.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 214
  • biggg.jpg
    biggg.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Re: Check this out!!

Uhh, you linked to photos in your AOL mailbox. Won't work for anybody else.

Lase

My 20mW 532 turns kinda pale orange bordering on white on blue pvc I have.

Fenzir

If you have a 405nm laser, try pointing it at something glow in the dark that will hold the color (a superball or a glowboard) , then go over it with a IR laser. The IR laser will REMOVE the glow in the dark! Super interesting to me.

also, I believe 532 through vegitable oil turns it orange.

Okay, While I was playing with my 532nm 5mw laser in my room. I pointed it at a pink roll of duck tape. And the color of the dot... TURNED ORANGE!!! This only worked with the pink, if you don't believe me, Here are a few pictures. (they are with my cellphone), if you happen to have some lying around, try it with your 532nm.. :)

Is this diffuse reflection in the pucture safe for the eyes? :eek:

Last edited:
Is this diffuse reflection in the pucture safe for the eyes? :eek:

Yes, It's safe. It's only 5mw, If someone else did this with a stronger laser, I would advise to be at a farther distance then what I was. (about 3 feet)

This happens to me when pointed at some red string I have, it seems it has to do with the dies more then the color, because if you take a picture of something like the duct tape, print it out, and shine a laser on it, it wont change colors (at least for me)

Last edited:
lol, they do not have pink "duct" tape. They have pink "Duck" tape::na:

ummmmm.......Wrong......FAIL!
Duck tape and Duct tape are the same products. most people refer to Duck tape that way because it is the most common name as well as the name of the company that makes it. soo any generic brand of "Duck Tape" will be labeled "Duct Tape" because calling it "Duck Tape" would be copyright infringement.

P1010669.JPGLgPinkDuctTape.jpg

Last edited:
ummmmm.......Wrong......FAIL!
Duck tape and Duct tape are 2 different products but are very similar. most people refer to Duck tape that way because it is the most common name as well as the name of the company that makes it. soo any generic brand of "Duck Tape" will be labeled "Duct Tape" because calling it "Duck Tape" would be copyright infringement.

P1010669.JPGLgPinkDuctTape.jpg

NOOOO!!!! My master secret has been FOILED! Anyways. Duck tape has a cooler logo, and there is no way around this one. :p

images

Last edited:

joeyss

If you have a 405nm laser, try pointing it at something glow in the dark that will hold the color (a superball or a glowboard) , then go over it with a IR laser. The IR laser will REMOVE the glow in the dark! Super interesting to me.

also, I believe 532 through vegitable oil turns it orange.

This also works with as little as 50mw of a red laser.

it WORKS :)
i have a pink locker divider right now and tried it!
i think it depends on the material and how reflective it is
i tried it on a pink book cover, but it was the glossy type and the laser still reflected off green

it WORKS :)
i have a pink locker divider right now and tried it!
i think it depends on the material and how reflective it is
i tried it on a pink book cover, but it was the glossy type and the laser still reflected off green

Yeah, see, all you need is pink something slightly dull, and a bit of a ruff surface. It's easier then paying the extra 300 for a 3mw orange laser. :)