Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

check out this host!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196614

0007650122853_215X215.jpg

i got this flashlight today, and taking it apart i removed the LED and realised there is a driver alrdy in it, but i am not sure what power it is, it has two resistors on it each labeled 8R2, anyone know what this converts to in ma?

it's got 2x CR2 3v lithium batteries that power one LED light

just finished it.....
third.jpg

not sure how much power is going into it. it's starts to get warn about after 30 sec of use.....warm, not hot.
lights matches really fast.....was etching on my tv remote.. ect........

Sefrez

Is that all it has, is two resistors?

And whats the band colors?

Also, it should show how much mA output is on it. (maybe on the packaging)

BTW: I like it! :D

there are two of them on opposite sides of the board, they are little black things with white lettering saying 8R2.

it's very nice though....the top didn't want to come off...i had to wrap it in a wash cloth to avoid scratching it, then unscrew it with two pairs of plyers. it's cool though, small enough to carry in your pocket.

i know it's more output than my 250ma rckstr driver......

Switch

Ya know, those may not be resistors. :-/ Maybe current/voltage regulators.Don't you have a multimeter?What diode did you use?

sony 16x i bought from stonetek. this is my first laser :) very nice i think for my first.

Things

I saw you post this on laserchat, nice build there!

The stonetek diodes will do you good if you drive and love them well !

i'm new to all this stuff.....so i don't have anything to measure.....well, anything lol
i went to look at the lasercheck thing.......thats prob not going to happen, those cost way too much for me to afford.

dark horse already makes heatsinks for these if its the coleman max led light. i used a flexdrive in mine.