Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap pocket o-scope

AAAAgggg!!!!

You're too late... They are already sold out in the Beta units...
Would have surely purchased one...

Guess I'll have to wait for the Production model....:cryyy:

Jerry

HIMNL9

(Is it just me, or did they take an existing MP3 player and load new firmware on it?)

Correct, i had these things for sale in the shop the last year (chinese production, they was using an SD card as memory) ..... it's at least 6 months, anyway, that the distributor don't have them in stock, out of production or problems getting them ..... probably they used the mic input for signal in.

Wondering how they reached to change the firmware, anyway ..... :confused: ..... probably they wrote a completely new one themselves ..... if yes, my compliments to the programmer :beer:

HIMNL9

Well, they can have modified the hardware, or just found an MP3 player that was using an overspec or generical device for the A/D section, that hold these levels .....i mean, a commercial IC used for a different function just cause it was already mass produced and more cheap than order a custom A/D converter for MP3 use (custom can be more HI-FI, but also more high in cost :D) ..... it happens frequently in the industry ..... i got some of the better efficent prescalers IC for my HF counters for free from old TV tuners, as example :p

If the producer used a commercial IC and just added an RC filter for the audio band, just remove the RC and you have a full band input ;)

jwc

I think I'll get one of these when they first come out. As much as I love my Tektronix 335, a pocket o-scope is a really nice thing to have.

Remember these? I finally got mine built into a protable configuration in a Cgar box.
It has a 9 volt NiMh cell which will run it for an hour or the wall wart which will charge the battery and run the 'scope. I'm using a standard scope probe with x1 and x10 settings.

HMike

1626-oscope-1.jpg