Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap 8x BR Burner!

NO MANUFACTURES WARRANTY!!! :( :( :( :(

OH NO :'( :'( :'( :'( (laughs sarcastically)

I can't buy this without warranty, since i usually have pretty big problems with these burners:

THEY KEEP COMING TO ME WITH MISSING DIODES ;)

Yeah I noticed no one was really caring about this lol. Oh well, figured if anyone was looking for one I'd post it in case. No big deal.

Another one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Pioneer-I...6|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Wonder what gives with these - having worked in asset recovery, I know for a fact Pioneer gives 90 days on true "refurbs" - this is either a customer return that tested OK (rarely do these companies truly "test" either, usually if the drive powers up, gets recognized by the OS and will read a disc they send them back out as "refurb") or they aren't authorized resellers and coupld have possibly purchased these in a "buyout"... Hmmmm

THAT, or perhaps someone replaced the 203BKS with a PHR .....

Well I sent him a message asking him if I bought the refurbished 8x unit, if he could guarantee that it would burn BR and BR DL discs at 8x speed. I also said if I were to disassemble the unit, and compare the blu-ray diode inside, with my 8x diode from the same exact model burner, if they would be the same diode (which they should if I actually had an 8x diode to compare it too. But he doesn't have to know that).

Who knows, maybe he will even tell me why they can sell them for so cheap as well.

They might be pulls. Sometimes when people return high end PC's, or if one failed QC, they dismantle them and sell the working parts as refurbs. Or they could be stolen.

No message yet from the seller, but I'll be sure and post his response if he actually messages me back. If they truly have working 8x diodes in them, 180 shipped would be a very fair price IMHO.

rkcstr

Lotus_Darkrose said:
I also said if I were to disassemble the unit, and compare the blu-ray diode inside, with my 8x diode from the same exact model burner, if they would be the same diode (which they should if I actually had an 8x diode to compare it too. But he doesn't have to know that).

I'm gonna say he's going to have no idea what you're asking and he'll probably tell you that if you disassemble the item he won't guarantee anything since you took it apart :p

Lol, well he'll either say "Yes these are real 8x blu-ray burners." or he'll just not message me back like he has been doing. ;D