Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap 30k gavlos!

I also received mine two days ago...

I can't wait to see what these can do!!!

Thanks again kiyoukan for organizing this and making it happen!!!

My customs only released these 2 days ago and still have not got them.. annoying.

kiyoukan, I assume the mounts u were considering making are not happening? need to know if i must look elsewhere :)

no not yet, i had another large money set back but then just found a buyer for a item ive been trying to sell so by november 3rd i should have a few grand!
So in min November is when i will try to make them.
Also looking at building a real cnc machine to make them my self.
i can get a machine for around 500$ then use my old cnc motors and drivers and all i will need is a pully and gears so i can drive them.
After that it will be done.

OK great, well then I will hold on for those.

But PLEASE do me favour; put yourself first with these! ;)

EDIT: Got my units today, thanks for all your time and effort kiyoukan.

Last edited:
Who exactly was the vendor for the scanners? I acquired a set second hand, although unused, out of the box the scanners were very poorly tuned. Although I will probably end up just retuning them myself. I first want to write the vendor.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 182
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 192
Who exactly was the vendor for the scanners? I acquired a set second hand, although unused, out of the box the scanners were very poorly tuned. Although I will probably end up just retuning them myself. I first want to write the vendor.

mine are poorly tuned as well but im afraid to do it myself :scared:

Starting to understand why they were so cheap. I wrote spacelas, because these are replacing my last PT-30s and told them I acquired a replacement, because I originally wanted a replacement from them. Anyways I told them that my replacement galvo driver amps are slightly differeant in appearance then the ones from spacelas. These GB scanners actually have an extra set of jumper pins that my spacelas PT-30ks to not. I was told that they may be imitation scanners as they will not leave spacelas poorly tuned.

FYI, tuning these things is a complete PITA

In other words impossible, can't be done in a single day, or ?
Because well, these were the only ones I could afford, and afaik you can do a quite acceptable show if properly tuned. If you could be more specific that would clear up some things.

Last edited:
Not impossible, just something that should be left to professionsals. You could brick your scanners if you arent careful. Although tricky it can be done with patients. For noobs im told as long as you adjust the pots no more than one turn at a time you should be good. Should take several hours for a noob.

That said I have been trying to tune my galvos for 3 days now. First two days I made it worse than it was.

http://lasershowparts.com/files/Articles/Adam Burns - Scanner Tuning Tutorial.pdf

Last edited:
Not impossible, just something that should be left to professionsals. You could brick your scanners if you arent careful. Although tricky it can be done with patients. For noobs im told as long as you adjust the pots no more than one turn at a time you should be good. Should take several hours for a noob.

That said I have been trying to tune my galvos for 3 days now. First two days I made it worse than it was.

http://lasershowparts.com/files/Articles/Adam Burns - Scanner Tuning Tutorial.pdf

Would be much appreciated if you shared some tips after you have succeeded :) I'm sure you will make it work better ;)

Definitely, I wish I knew how to take better pictures of lasers, and scanned images are tricky too, all i have is a nikon coolpix camera.
Ill start by identifying the real manual which is this one
http://www.phenixtechnology.com/downfile/PT-30Kpps scanning system.pdf

This is an old one which i have seen linked to I have not seen this type.
http://spacelas.com/pic/other/2010-09-18-18-34-457.pdf

I have two sets of PT-30k that are slightly different. One from spacelas, one from this GB. The set from spacelas was tuned to the galvos perfectly, out of the box i had a perfect test pattern at 30k, wish i had pics, the pots were glued in place.

Second set i got driver looks a little different. They seem newer, it has an extra jumper, and obviously the tuning is poor and its expected you tune your own shit.

Heres some pics.

Attachments

• DSCN2288.JPG
    DSCN2288.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN2287.JPG
    DSCN2287.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 105
Have you consulted this guides? It's definitely not going to be fun, but the whole ILDA test pattern was designed for tuning.