Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Changing thread title problems.

Kenom

Cold, I don't know what you can do if anything, but even if I go to advanced options in the edit form, I still cannot rename a thread or even add anything on to it. Perfect example is thus:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-teenie-bluray-lasers-60-shipped-44721.html

The original thread title is easy to see "FS teenie bluray lasers 60 shipped". I've since change it and you can see the change reflected once you click into the thread and view the top of the first posting literally right below my Avatar. Reads :"FS: TEENIE BLURAY lasers. $55 shipped! PRICE DROP"

Is there a way (there has to be) to reflect those changes in the B/s/t section? This would be especially nice to reflect when a purchase has been closed as a result of a sale.

daguin

Cold, I don't know what you can do if anything, but even if I go to advanced options in the edit form, I still cannot rename a thread or even add anything on to it. Perfect example is thus:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-teenie-bluray-lasers-60-shipped-44721.html

The original thread title is easy to see "FS teenie bluray lasers 60 shipped". I've since change it and you can see the change reflected once you click into the thread and view the top of the first posting literally right below my Avatar. Reads :"FS: TEENIE BLURAY lasers. $55 shipped! PRICE DROP"

Is there a way (there has to be) to reflect those changes in the B/s/t section? This would be especially nice to reflect when a purchase has been closed as a result of a sale.

We haven't found a way to do that, Ken. Be very careful with your thread titles ;)

Peace,
dave

I always wanted to rename my threads. Cold, isn't there an option which can be enabled,so that vbulletin allows you to do that?

I would think it would be very hard to do since the title of the thread becomes a part of the URL address itself. It would require the URL address to change.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys, i tried changing the setting as advised in the threat niko posted, to 525948 minutes, which should equal 1 year (of time for changing the title in a thread)

i think it should work now, plz let me know results of testing

peace
-ave

hey guys, i tried changing the setting as advised in the threat niko posted, to 525948 minutes, which should equal 1 year (of time for changing the title in a thread)

i think it should work now, plz let me know results of testing

peace
-ave

The thing is that I can't find the "Edit thread" under the options the guys there said.

EDIT: I'll create a test thread.

EDIT2: EDITING THREAD TITLES NOW POSSIBLE!
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/thread-title-editing-now-possible-44819.html#post596963

EDIT3: I'm gonna double thread that thread up there ^ on the General Section too so more people can see it if they don't frequent the Other Section often.

Last edited: