Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Casio A130 & A140 BEST DEAL

DTR

I still don't understand why you'd have to take appart an entire casio projector just for the sake of harvesting the diodes! I mean cant we ask casio to sell their diodes individually seeing that there is such a huge demand for them? I would be glad if someone could clarify things up for me...

are you wearing goggles in your avatar?

But on topic, I'm pretty sure you can buy diodes straight from casio as samples.

From what I remember from last time this was discussed many have attempted to buy arrays or individual diodes from the manufacturer direct to authorized service centers and they won't even entertain the idea even for bulk orders. If they could you would see lots of Chinese sites offering diode arrays:beer:

From what I remember from last time this was discussed many have attempted to buy arrays or individual diodes from the manufacturer direct to authorized service centers and they won't even entertain the idea even for bulk orders. If they could you would see lots of Chinese sites offering diode arrays:beer:

Also, If they were to sell individual diodes, then their cost would have to decrease OR the prices of the projectors would have to increase or else people would buy the entire projector, harvest the diodes and keep all the goodies for themselves or even sell them as spare parts which is why they would prefer not to sell them individually. If i were the CEO of Casio electronics, then I would dive right into the laser market coz thats where a lot of revenue can be generated in my opinion...

are you wearing goggles in your avatar?

But on topic, I'm pretty sure you can buy diodes straight from casio as samples.

Nope, no safety goggles in my avatar. I only use them when I am focusing my laser to a thin line.

On topic, wouldn't everyone be bombarding Casio with requests for diode samples? They would have to introduce them to the market to do that!

The address below is what shows up in the invoice that gets sent to your email address after ordering. Yea. This is most definitely a scam of some kind. Probably harvesting names addresses and credit card numbers.

Electronics Center, INC.
abc
aaa Michigan AB123JG
United States

Everything on the site is way below the prices of everywhere else and they throw in expensive extras.

For the heck of it I sent an email for an order support request to their sales@ email address and of course no response after 24 hours so far.

Update:
Also the main page show computershop.com even though the DNS is electronics-center.com.
And the biggest giveaway... the entire site is not SSL for the login.

Last edited:

Benm

Just gettin the laser modules/arrays would be a great start, but it doenst seem to happen. Its a pretty big waste considering how many rather epensive bits are discarded after harvesting the diodes...

Just gettin the laser modules/arrays would be a great start, but it doenst seem to happen. Its a pretty big waste considering how many rather epensive bits are discarded after harvesting the diodes...

It definitely would be, but as long as the members here who buy the projectors, harvest them diodes and then sell them for 1/24 th of the price of the projector each, then I don't see how anything is going to waste... Even the parts are salvageable and can be used for many other DIY projects or can even be sold here for some profit. If Casio were to sell them individually, I am sure they would increase their prices seeing that there is so much demand on them. I say we stay low profile with this hobby of ours and hope for the best.

hakzaw1...I just thought that if this was actually a legit place where it would save people ~$200 per projector it wouldn't be too much for me to ask for a couple diodes for $30. Seeing that I found the site and that they cost ~$21 per diode IF that price were true.

I honestly don't think that as insulting you and I'm sorry if you see it that way.
N/P---How should we thank you for finding the bogus site??

as far as getting the diodes alone or in a whole array(cheaply)- that horse has been beaten to death and burried long ago.

they are not even made in China.(S. Korea)
the diodes belong to Casio- exclusively- they are not and never will be in the diodes-for-sale biz. Casio prolly wants to distance them selves from this as far as possible, thus the new screws and use of more lock-tite.

China hand-held laser makers MUST get thier diodes/projectors via USA/Canadian connections AFAIK.

last -- there is very little to be made from the left-overs.

Luke has five for sale -shipped for 55$ each.

hope that helps to clear things up(again)

hk

iFoSh

N/P---How should we thank you for finding the bogus site??

I guess I owe everyone a projector for $510....dangit! ;)

I thought it may be fake. Thats why I figured I would ask about it on this thread.

One projector DID sell on Feebay for 140+$ shipped!!

but it was diode free--

maybe the buyer did not realize that the diodes had been already harvested or was under the misconception that the replacement array could be purchased.

anyone with doubts about buying an array/diode from Casio- just give the Main Casio Service Center a call- They will have about 10 questions about YOU -your full name-- phone #- home addy-who you work for-thier info- your email- and more--(kidda scary)first--only to tell you in the end that they cannot be user-serviced(or by a repairman other than a Casio shop)

I was sorry that I called them. I was not the first to call them on this--clearly. The first person I talked to passed me on to a second guy who passed me on the the guy with all the questions and pretty much no answers.

WL must have a huge room full of leftover projectors sans diodes. Thats where Steve (aka Chris aka American Chinese guy) got his diodes.

He is a very smart bizman and if he had to buy whole projectors from USA sources....just sayin'.

I have a friend who gets phone calls from Steve quite often.

So this is coming straight from the horses(ass) mouth.