Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Canon has their own photo sharing site

BobMc

A quick heads up, to those that have Canon Camera's. They have their own photo sharing site. Don't have to worry about a repeat of the Photobucket fiasco. Just bought a new camera and with it comes access to their site. Nice.

It's not the best camera, but hopefully it will give me better pictures and with it, get my feet wet when it comes to taking photographs. Hoping I can get some really nice beams shots and clearer pictures.(badly needed) I've got a couple of really "NICE" Lasers I've been holding off doing reviews on, because I wanted to do them justice and get better (much) pics and beam shots, hoping this camera does the trick. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digita...98961832&sr=8-1&keywords=canon+t6+premium+kit

Edit; Their site does seem a lot quicker/easier than Photobucket was.

Last edited:

Hi BM,
Awesome you go boy !! Take it with you on your journey this week and get familiar with it , don't forget to send us beam shots in the wilderness .. You show photo bucket who;s boss buddy

Rich:)

BobMc

Hi BM,
Awesome you go boy !! Take it with you on your journey this week and get familiar with it , don't forget to send us beam shots in the wilderness .. You show photo bucket who;s boss buddy

:crackup: You got it Rich, got some learning to do. (a bit) but after I do, plans is, your right, get some "Beams across the U.S." pics. :)

Hi BM,
Cant wait you should grasp the concept swiftly buddy . You will ace it i know..

BobMc

Hi BM,
Cant wait you should grasp the concept swiftly buddy . You will ace it i know..

Your lips to GOD's ears! I'm a old dude, things don't stick like they use to, except calories. :tinfoil:

Hi BM,
Never to old and i wouldn't change a thing. Old saying ,We make plans and God laughs ..

I've had a Canon camera for years now. I do love their support and "Image Garden" app. Mine is 16 Mpixels, IIRC. I use a high speed 64 G flash drive with it. I guess if I had my druthers, I'd buy a Nikon, but photography takes a back seat to lasers.

BobMc

I've had a Canon camera for years now. I do love their support and "Image Garden" app. Mine is 16 Mpixels, IIRC. I use a high speed 64 G flash drive with it. I guess if I had my druthers, I'd buy a Nikon, but photography takes a back seat to lasers.

This is my first "higher end" camera. Hoping to be able to get some pretty good beam shots with it. Keep big fingers crossed.

The photo sharing was just a unexpected bonus. :)

Last edited:

Benm

I've been using canon brand camera's for a decade or so, but never used any of their online services. I kinda like the app that lets you put the pics on your phone over wifi, though i still prefer to just copy them off the sd card onto a laptop for safe keeping (and uploading to a secure location asap too).

For still images or simple video's i don't see the added benefit over sites like instagram, imgul, youtube and such.

For some products it does make some sense, such as 360 degree camera's like the ricoh theta models where you can upload them to the site, and they provide a nice interface for other people to look around your 360 degree photos (though facebook seems to support those too now).

I'm mostly into compact camera's sicne i cannot be bothered to lug along a dslr, so i opt from something like the S120 - fits any pocket and still gets very nice shots.

Surely i can take better photos with something like an eos 5D and proper lenses, but i'd hardly take any photos at all since i don't like lugging around something that big and expensive when running around a city, beach, jungle, or sitting on a boat getting splashed with water.

I could probably take half of the photos i do with a smartphone, though i really want manual control and a reasonable sensor size, which most phones lack... or the phones get so expensive getting a normal phone AND a very good compact camera is actually cheaper.

BobMc

I've been using canon brand camera's for a decade or so, but never used any of their online services. I kinda like the app that lets you put the pics on your phone over wifi, though i still prefer to just copy them off the sd card onto a laptop for safe keeping (and uploading to a secure location asap too).

For still images or simple video's i don't see the added benefit over sites like instagram, imgul, youtube and such.

For some products it does make some sense, such as 360 degree camera's like the ricoh theta models where you can upload them to the site, and they provide a nice interface for other people to look around your 360 degree photos (though facebook seems to support those too now).

I'm mostly into compact camera's sicne i cannot be bothered to lug along a dslr, so i opt from something like the S120 - fits any pocket and still gets very nice shots.

Surely i can take better photos with something like an eos 5D and proper lenses, but i'd hardly take any photos at all since i don't like lugging around something that big and expensive when running around a city, beach, jungle, or sitting on a boat getting splashed with water.

I could probably take half of the photos i do with a smartphone, though i really want manual control and a reasonable sensor size, which most phones lack... or the phones get so expensive getting a normal phone AND a very good compact camera is actually cheaper.

I used Canon's site to re-post some pictures that Photobucket decided to hold for ransom. (heee, that's just about what they did), anyways Canon's site definitely does seem quicker and easier to use. Wonder how much storage they give each member? They also seem to have a good editing ability on their site, which just might come in handy for some nice effects with some beam shots. Will be interesting to see what can be done. Fun times ahead. :)

Last edited:

Benm

I presume this was about Irista, which gives you 15 GB for the free plan, and up to a TB for the paid ones.

The terms of service for it are pretty dodgy though, they could terminate the service without being liable for photos lost and such, which is fairly common for free services, but t even seems to applied to the paid plans. They can also remove content for any arbitrary reason really, though i'm not sure if they would.

The 15 GB limitation makes it unfit as an extra free backup for me, but if you don't take that many photos and want an extra (say quarternary) backup solution it could work for you, and you can share the photos if you wish as well.

The paid plans offer enough space but are not really cost-effective compared to other online backup services which also allow content other than photos.

One thing i'm not overly sure of is if this service is limited to canon photos only, or that it'd take photos taken by any brand of camera withing the space limitation provided.

BobMc

I presume this was about Irista, which gives you 15 GB for the free plan, and up to a TB for the paid ones.

The terms of service for it are pretty dodgy though, they could terminate the service without being liable for photos lost and such, which is fairly common for free services, but t even seems to applied to the paid plans. They can also remove content for any arbitrary reason really, though i'm not sure if they would.

The 15 GB limitation makes it unfit as an extra free backup for me, but if you don't take that many photos and want an extra (say quarternary) backup solution it could work for you, and you can share the photos if you wish as well.

The paid plans offer enough space but are not really cost-effective compared to other online backup services which also allow content other than photos.

One thing i'm not overly sure of is if this service is limited to canon photos only, or that it'd take photos taken by any brand of camera withing the space limitation provided.

You are correct, I should have read the fine print. They deleted my photos already. Gotta find another site. I jumped the gun on this one. :(

Last edited: