Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Canon has their own photo sharing site

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Bob, any idea why they deleted your photos? Did they give any notice or explanation?

BobMc

Bob, any idea why they deleted your photos? Did they give any notice or explanation?

It was in the fine print. They only keep them up 10 days than pull them down. My "museum" thread is still up because I used photobox. Guess I'll start using them. I looked at imgur but it seemed to confusing I tryed to work it through, but got frustrated and called it a night.

Benm

10 days is amazingly short.

Things like imgur are not guaranteed either - you never know how profitable such sites really are, and they can go down fast at any point in time.

I love free stuff like anyone, but sometimes paying for something is worth it.

I have a VPS with ample storage available. The VPS i use mainly for testing and development purposes as well as hosting some non-critical websites. Since it comes with much more disk space than required for the sites on there i also use it as one of my backup solutions.

One interesting option is to use the hosting provider for your website as a backup too, if you have a website. Many packages include a fair amount of disk space that you can store anything you want to on really, though you'll have to upload it over ftp.

The amount of storage for your money used to be -very- good on these, but it's become more expensive now that hosting services are switching to SSD.

BobMc

10 days is amazingly short.

Things like imgur are not guaranteed either - you never know how profitable such sites really are, and they can go down fast at any point in time.

I love free stuff like anyone, but sometimes paying for something is worth it.

I have a VPS with ample storage available. The VPS i use mainly for testing and development purposes as well as hosting some non-critical websites. Since it comes with much more disk space than required for the sites on there i also use it as one of my backup solutions.

One interesting option is to use the hosting provider for your website as a backup too, if you have a website. Many packages include a fair amount of disk space that you can store anything you want to on really, though you'll have to upload it over ftp.

The amount of storage for your money used to be -very- good on these, but it's become more expensive now that hosting services are switching to SSD.

I thought for sure since it was for Canon user only they would have a decent photo sharing site. Oooops

I don't have my own web site so it's either pay or try and trust another free one. I figured out imgur, so I'm going that way and I'll see, might be in the same boat one day in the future. Hope not, re-posting is a pain. :(

I use Imgur, but I have every photo backed up on my laptop and on the SD card I initially put it on. So, if a site fails, I have never lost anything.