Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Canidate for "ugliest" laser ever?

Raybo

The 2X4's the paint and the ancient look (along with the cobwebs), it sends a shiver down my spine just looking at your relic!
I'm a coin collector and people in my hobby pay dearly for originality, if your laser happened to be a coin it would be at the top of the heap!

Photonaholic: I really wanna see you fire that thing up. Really.
Just whatever you do, don't clean it off first. That'd totally ruin the ambiance.

Photonaholic: I really wanna see you fire that thing up. Really.
Just whatever you do, don't clean it off first. That'd totally ruin the ambiance.

I will only clean the optics with a q tip & leave all the other dirt on it just for you.:yh:

awlego

I used my old gameboy color as a 3v supply for testing my green modules. :)

3zuli

here's mine phr :) powered by 2x 4,5V batteries @ 110mA
attachment.php

Attachments

• phr.jpg
    phr.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

3zuli

yea and my mobile phone camera really SUX, so it makes it VERY ugly :D
I just quickly soldered laser to those batteries and a switch and taped together with black tape:)

I have a couple that might qualify..... one is a 405nm module that I wanted to make a bit more stable and portable than the sort of thing pictured in the o.p. You can sorta tell that my father was a carpenter and home improvement contractor as I still have lots of scrap wood and metal he had saved. But one thing's for sure - these are the sorts of "pointers" that are hard to lose or misplace!

67b.jpg

e94.jpg

The next is a 250mw 660nm module - same sort of setup.
d9b.jpg

047.jpg

BTW I do agree that the He-Ne is certainly a candidate for if not the ugliest, perhaps then the dirtiest, dustiest laser ever!

Are we gonna get some pics of that relic in operation any time soon?

I guess you guys all have me backed into a corner here.....

I'll hook it up this weekend, I think it runs on 24 volts, but I will try 12 first.

It's been a few years since I fired it up.

My oldest kid took it to school for her science fair in 1996, that was the last time I had it running.

The power supply (transformer/bridge rectifier/caps/regulator) supply I built is still down in the basement in one of those dozens of boxes of junk.)

I guess you guys all have me backed into a corner here.....

I'll hook it up this weekend, I think it runs on 24 volts, but I will try 12 first.

It's been a few years since I fired it up.

My oldest kid took it to school for her science fair in 1996, that was the last time I had it running.

I'm excited! Can't wait to see the pics!

Lol, guess it's kinda part of my slow start morning routine... Check forums... refresh... drink coffee.. refresh... drink coffee... smoke... refresh...