Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can you drive a stick?

20vturbo said:
It's harder to modify a auto because shift points need to change. A manual you can add horsepower and get better gas mileage, you can utilize the extra power by putting it in a higher gear. Besides its just more fun. I've never bought an auto and no one in my immediate family has either. Unfortunately my daily driver is my work vehicle and its auto, but I can text and drink coffee at the same in Pittsburgh start and stop traffic  ::) if that's a good thing :D

a 100 dollar shift kit + a couple hours under the car turns a shitty sloppy automatic trans into a racing beast. I used to have a ford with an AOD + transgo shift kit and it would leave rubber on the road on every shift (except OD that is).

i used to put in shift kits they really do help ,but theres a lot of work involved in doing one i wouldn't want to do one outside of a trani shop though too hard
aod - aode-c3-c4-c5 turbo 400 turbo 350 700-r4 4l60-e just to name a few

they aren't TOO bad, as long as you dont mind being soaked in tranny fluid for a couple hours.

On teh ford AOD it's 24 bolts to get the valvebody out, and they are all different lengths so you better mark where they came from!! Then just install a few springs in the valvebody, drill a couple holes, new gasket, bolt it all back in, add some fluid and you're done!!

I did about 10 on my garage floor.... having a lift would have been reaallllyyy nice  :-[

I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENCE!!

1238622698606_f.jpg

Yup....now I drive a "stick" Peugeot 206 ;)