Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone tell me the correct current to set this diode to 5mw.

I am curious of the voltage and wattage to set this diode to 5mw.
Include pictures or other proof. I respect my eyes. And I don't wanna buy a laserbee.

Sorry man, I forgot the link, 532nm 5~25mW Adjustable Power 3VDC, AixiZ, also to use this laser I won't be wearing safety glasses, however I will be running it at a eye safe 5mw's.

That is not a diode, it is a DPSS module with a built in driver, you don't set the current, just connect it to 3V and it will work. If you want to adjust the output, it will have a pot on the circuit board that you can adjust with a screwdriver.

Alan

That is not a diode, it is a DPSS module with a built in driver, you don't set the current, just connect it to 3V and it will work. If you want to adjust the output, it will have a pot on the circuit board that you can adjust with a screwdriver.

Alan

Ok where do I find a 5mw laser diode in module. With a lens. And what is a stable power to run it at.

Gabe

Aixiz. AixiZ
Don't know exactly what you want, so have fun browsing for what you'd like.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Alan

I wonder if the pot is on the other side of the driver, the AixiZ site says it's adjustable. It'd be nice to have a view of the other side too.
Either way, you're going to need a LPM to be sure you have 5mW max. output; you won't be able to tell by only looking at it.

Last edited:
I wonder if the pot is on the other side of the driver, the AixiZ site says it's adjustable. It'd be nice to have a view of the other side too.
Either way, you're going to need a LPM to be sure you have 5mW max. output; you won't be able to tell by only looking at it.

Yes that's very true, but it won't matter much as long as it's close to 5 mW. As long as someone doesn't point it in their eye or have it reflect off a mirror then even 25mW is safe. This one should be ok, 532nm 5mW mini Laser Module, AixiZ and this one is sure to be eye safe, 532nm 1mW mini Laser Module, AixiZ if these aren't very close to what they say they are then AixiZ is charging too much.

Alan