Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can i use this on lens threads?

daguin

check this: Permatex Blue Removable Strength Thread locker | Canadian Tire

i wanna know if i am able to put this on the thread of the 445 lens to prevent it from moving. someone please help. this was the only thing i can find in my specific location. if anyone can help me find something better to use i would really appreciate it :thanks:

Go to your local hardware or plumbing supply store and get some "teflon" tape. It is what plumbers use to seal pipes. Place a couple of wraps of the tape around the threads.

Peace,
dave

Go to your local hardware or plumbing supply store and get some "teflon" tape. It is what plumbers use to seal pipes. Place a couple of wraps of the tape around the threads.

Peace,
dave
i dont think we have that here :cryyy: but ill give it a try. thanks dave!

daguin

nope never seen it once in my stores. or maybe i just fail but im pretty sure that we dont have it

You should have the yellow, "gas approved" teflon tape (it's thicker). What city do you live in?

Peace,
dave

rathat

Every hardware store will have it.
For a while I thought this thread was about were post a thread in the 445 section without it getting moved, because read the post, thats exactly what it sounds like lol.

daguin

Every hardware store will have it.
For a while I thought this thread was about were post a thread in the 445 section without it getting moved, because read the post, thats exactly what it sounds like lol.

?Como?

Peace,
dave

You should have the yellow, "gas approved" teflon tape (it's thicker). What city do you live in?

Peace,
dave
i live in newmarket. pretty small place. never seen teflon tape in any of my hardware stores

You wouldn't have seen it because you were not looking for it. You can also order it online. So stop making excuses, and get some. Pros are telling you what you need. Listen to them.

GRRRR!!! Man you have a Home Depot, and Lowes in your town. They both carry it. Go down to the plumbing section and look for this.

PTFE-Thread-Seal-Tape-Teflon-Tape-12MS.jpg

Toke

I cannot see the item in the OP, but assume it is equivalent to locktite.

That is a weak glue and great to keep a tread from loosening.
Not so great if you ever want to adjust focus, it is rather annoying to have to remove and reapply, then wait for it to cure. (where is the batshit crazy smilie?)

Go for the teflon tape.

DTR

I am definitely getting a chuckle out of this thread. I think this guy is having a go at us or something.

What kind of hardware store would not have Teflon tape. It is like not having a Philips head screwdriver or duct tape.

Hell even an auto parts store will have it. I got my last roll at AutoZone.