Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anyone make me a powerful handheld laser burner for up to 80 USD?

I have not got safety goggles but don't worry the laser will not even come out of the box until I do. Any recommendations?

LaZeRz

You can buy These from dragon lasers but shipping is a killer.

But, look at the ratings! you could probably use them for 405/445 :)

OD>4 @ 190-443nm
OD>2 @ 444-454nm
OD>2 @ 717-745nm
OD>3 @ 746-1097nm

They didn't recommend it, I asked for it and no offence but just because I joined this site a week ago doesn't mean i'm incapable of handling a laser

I see no where in this thread where you asked specifically for an IR laser.

Anyway, that's not the point. Its obviously your first high powered laser, and IMO it was a bad recommendation. Not saying that you can't handle it, just saying that people should think about what they are recommending before they do it.

Good for you buying proper goggles. Stay safe.

Ok sorry if my last post sounded rude. While im here someone is being awkward and not answering my thread maybe u can answer. What happens if uk customs take my laser? And what are the chances of it being taken?

Last edited:
Went for a LZGN - 980nm 200mW Focusable NIR Infrared Laser Pointer (LZGN - 980nm 200mW Focusable NIR Infrared Laser Pointer) as I wish to start of at the less dangerous end of the Infra-red lasers! I want to get used to using a Infra-red laser before I go to say a 500mW or 1W!
Thanks for the help though everyone :)

That's not less dangerous... Even 5 mW of IR can cause instant permanent damage to your eyes since you can't see it you won't blink and your eyeballs will melt.

Make sure you have proper glasses to go with that and don't use it if anyone else is around without glasses.