Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying or building lasers?

Buying or Building a Laser?

• Total voters
Just a quick question, do I buy or build my own laser? comment 'buy' or 'build' then choose which to build or buy from, Thanks.

My CURRENT vote: thinking to get a Sanwu Guardian 1.6W (what do you think?)
Answers will be Majorly appreciated!!!

There's only one chance, its either very satisfied or very dissappointed. Help needed.

Last edited:

Gabe

Why do you want us to decide? You're leaning towards the Sanwu Guardian, why not get it?

Why do you want us to decide? You're leaning towards the Sanwu Guardian, why not get it?

Like I said, I don't have much money and I would like a permanent laser to keep. But once you get something and you regret, selling it is really boring to do.

I have to agree with Alaskan on this. Your poll is also poorly designed, it should have just been Build or Buy, or else there should have been many more choices, even then many people would have multiple answers, most anyone who builds their lasers will buy hosts and parts from different sources.

Alan

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have voted for buying from Dragon Lasers as they was the only company on the list that I have had experience with.

diachi

I have voted for buying from Dragon Lasers as they was the only company on the list that I have had experience with.

You're a little late to the party...! :D :p

I threw in my vote too, not all that relevant now seeing as OP is banned, but someone else may find the poll useful ... Sanwu or CNI for me. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I know :D
I saw the poll today, and thought I'd might as well vote.
I've had no experience with CNI yet but I have heard that they are good.
Sanwu is one that I only heard of a few weeks ago. I tend to buy most of my lasers through ebay (DTR, generic chinese labs etc.)

diachi

I know :D
I saw the poll today, and thought I'd might as well vote.
I've had no experience with CNI yet but I have heard that they are good.
Sanwu is one that I only heard of a few weeks ago. I tend to buy most of my lasers through ebay (DTR, generic chinese labs etc.)

Figured, fair enough! :p

Haven't dealt with CNI directly but can vouch for the quality of their pointers, having bought a used one some time ago. :)

Definitely try out Sanwu if you feel like spending a little extra money for some quality - seriously, great quality builds and podo is pretty good to deal with too. :D I really need to save up for a 445nm pocket series to go with the 650nm...

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Cool :) I'll have to look into Sanwu a bit more. I am really knuckling down on my wavelengths collection now. I will be getting a 473 soon so another wavelength to be added. I really want a laser around 555nm though but I just can not afford one.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Sanwu have a very nice collection, and the prices are not bad. Thank you for the suggestion.