Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying a LARGE tesla coil.

okay, i'm guessing sstc is solid state tesla coil? and what would vttc be?
back on the rails ;-)

DRSSTC - Dual Resonant solid state Tesla coil
VTTC - Vacuum tube Tesla coil
SSTC - Solid state Tesla coil
SGTC - Spark gap Tesla coil
And so on

Last edited:

Things

Jeff, is there any reason you couldn't put one together from a kit? Would be a simple case of following the instructions, throwing some components on the board etc, a heap easier than trying to design a coil from scratch around your own components.

I say this because it'll allow you to build the coil how you like, in terms of enclosures etc.

If you look closely at that first creepy eBay coil, I can see parts scattered all around the base of it, even looks like a MOT there, no idea what you need that for in a SSTC.

Have a look here: Eastern Voltage Research - Electronic Kits, Tesla Coil Kits, LED and LED Driver Kits, Home of the DRSSTC

He has a "microBrute" kit for around $300, includes basically everything you need but a fan and an enclosure. You get the satisfaction of building it yourself, without having to design anything. Bear in mind though, it's still a high powered solid state device, and you probably will pop a few components before you get it running correctly. Tesla coils aren't really a build and off you go affair, although with a kit, it's going to be quite reliable.

Fiddy

Did someone say microbrute :D

The Onetesla can do up to 2' arc :S cant wait to get mine!

Last edited: