Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy, Sell, Trade Section Question

Do all BST posts need approval before they will be shown? How often are pending posts approved, once a day?

Last edited:

Do all BST posts need approval before they will be shown? How often are pending posts approved, once a day?

Yep, a moderator needs to approve them before they are public. It even tells you after you click "submit" :D Not sure how often they are approved though.

-Alex

Yep, saw that, but I wasn't sure if that applied to everyone, whether after you have made enough posts the requirement goes away or not. In my case, the only way that would be is if someone didn't turn the need for approval off. I was hoping if you were a member in good standing and with enough posts, it would be. I see there hasn't been any new BST threads being started for awhile, so it appears there might be some in the waiting, at least, I know one is but it has only been a few hours.

I don't think it's once a day, I think it's whenever one of the mods gets around to it, on a weekend or a holiday weekend like this I expect they may not be online as much. If it takes more than 2 or 3 days just PM one of them. I think all new B/S/T threads require approval no matter who you are, I don't think the requirement ever goes away.

Alan

The requirement staying in place would help prevent someone from high jacking a vets account to defraud someone, what a mess that would be.

Yeah I thank if you have so many post and are a trusted member it should be automatic like it use to be. Sometimes it take a few days for it to post.
I actually posted twice before because it took so long to go through and didn't thank the first one went through, than I had two of the same thread show up at once and had to have one deleted.

Well, I guess the thing to do, is once you post one time and the thead becomes old or the item was sold, go back and change the subject of the thread and bump it back on top of the pile, no need for approval then.

Yeah that's why I keep adding hosts to the same thread.
Well, I guess the thing to do, is once you post one time and the thead becomes old or the item was sold, go back and change the subject of the thread and bump it back on top of the pile, no need for approval then.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with that, you are selling hosts, same thing. I don't know, maybe an admin might swoop over and smack dab me on the side of my virtual head for the suggestion to just change the subject line and editing the first post of an old thread in the BST section to something completely different for a repost, such as for a sale instead of a WTB. It's not so strait forward for selling something different, especially if there were already replies in that thread, it would be confusing in that case

Last edited:

ARG

Approval happens whenever a mod gets to it, they're all done by hand, not automated at all. Everyone regardless of rep or post count has to go through it, I even have to approve my own threads :crackup:

If it's not approved in 24h feel free to send me a PM.