Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bullet Laser COMPLETE! :) PIC HEAVY?

Pman

Different and looks great after polishing. Thanks for sharing it:)

Pman

New day and I got my "REPPABILITY" back again so I was able to do so;)

Whoa dude thats really skillful I could not open a bullet without getting shot hahah jk I would probably get cut though anyways, do you have a parts list for this? i would like to know where you got your module driver and laser diode from that would be awesome.
great job mate!

Pman

Did you ever get it LPM'd and did you cover the switch with something?
I apreciate that this was all done with basic tools and agree that a Dremel is a must have item. 8220-2/28 all the way:). Should have bought a second one when Amazon had them on sale for $100 a couple months ago.

NKO29

Yeah, Blaster ended up owning it haha. It LPMd at around 270mW @ ~450mA after a problem with shitty batteries lol but it still is underperforming. I never ended up covering the button, i thought it resembled a primer slightly and TBH i never got the spare time to do it :( And it is an honor for me to hear you say "I apreciate that this was all done with basic tools"! You are the king of laser DIY :worthy:
Off topic... Are you better now, i heard that you were unwell?
Many thanks Josh :beer:

Pman

I think people give me too much credit Lol I have always been good at figuring things out for whatever reason and I don't give up trying to find solutions for problems. I try to look around at the things I already have and will "fight it out" with myself to make things work.
You did the same thing when you tackled this project.
My mind doesn't like to turn off so it's always working on things.
I am going to be off from work for a couple more weeks still which isn't so great $ wise but it's better than ending up back in the hospital;)

Yeah, Blaster ended up owning it haha. It LPMd at around 270mW @ ~450mA after a problem with shitty batteries lol but it still is underperforming. I never ended up covering the button, i thought it resembled a primer slightly and TBH i never got the spare time to do it :( And it is an honor for me to hear you say "I apreciate that this was all done with basic tools"! You are the king of laser DIY :worthy:
Off topic... Are you better now, i heard that you were unwell?
Many thanks Josh :beer:
Yeah it makes a great addition and being rather large militaria collector it fits in well with the rest of my collection.Bit low on what power should be but it makes up for it in looks and being possibly unique ..

Last edited:

NKO29

I think people give me too much credit Lol I have always been good at figuring things out for whatever reason and I don't give up trying to find solutions for problems. I try to look around at the things I already have and will "fight it out" with myself to make things work.
You did the same thing when you tackled this project.
My mind doesn't like to turn off so it's always working on things.
I am going to be off from work for a couple more weeks still which isn't so great $ wise but it's better than ending up back in the hospital;)

Good to hear you're getting better :) While you may not think you deserve any credit, you have invented alot of very simple yet effective ways of DIYing lasers. EG: focusable ebay pen (i did it yesterday). Anyways i HATE hospital and i'd always do whatever i can to NOT be in hospital haha. The smell just makes me feel like crap.
-Josh

Pman

If you start getting really worried about your units being in Australia I wouldn't have a problem caressing err I mean holding onto that 589 for you Blaster Lol In fact it may be all I need to be completely cured;)

Well at this point it is either go back in 1.5 weeks or 2.5 weeks. The reality of the situation is the longer I'm off and away from people and things that can easily get yme sick the better. Every doctor I've talked to has no answers for how compromised my system may be now but I can see their reaction to my questions about it and it's not good. I have to be able to pay my bills though.
My wife and I have never been late on any payment for anything and we don't carry debt. What I mean is that other than my house (owe about 8 years still) we put everything on credit cards that give rewards and pay the bill when it is due so we never pay fees but make money off of them. In fact, I recently bought a new soldering station (Highly recommend the HAKO FX-888D, take a look at the reviews) and most of it was paid for with discover card rewards.

NKO29

ATM, I have a nice soldering iron the only problem is that i keep chewing through tips haha :) Ill keep that iron in mind if i decide that buying new tips becomes too costly :p Good to hear that you're recovering even though it may be slowly, I wish you the best of luck in getting back to 100% :)
-Josh