Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Bullet Laser COMPLETE! :) PIC HEAVY?

The Lightning Stalker

Re: Bullet Laser Host (90% complete :]) PIC HEAVY?

Spin it up in a drill (or lathe if you got it).

NKO29

If only i had a lathe... :) I also have to be careful to not put anything on the lens/diode haha.

NKO29

Got it properly polished with my DREMEL (BEST TOOL EVER MADE)...

cantthinkofone

Oh wow! Very nice. Now the question we are all asking, does it shoot?

NKO29

All in good time :)

NKO29

Only the driver to go! Just got the switch done :) The switch is rated at 1A, and only .5A will be going through it hopefully it will be okay :) OH it's a momentary switch for safety issues...

Last edited:

Blaster

Not long to go looking really nice, lets hope the output is OK, the other couple were a bit dissapointing.

NKO29

Yeah, i don't even know why the others were a bit of a failure. I think the red was only a little under performing when compared to other similar builds, but the 445nm was woeful :( I only have a 405nm 3 element glass on this ATM but i do wish to get a G2 lens for it in the near future. This should be finished tomorrow :) I REALLY hope this laser has a good LPM reading, there's no reason it shouldnt. But i do wish to get it LPMd with a G lens on it for the PROPER output haha.

sinner

Re: Bullet Laser Host (99% complete :]) PIC HEAVY?

It looks much better with the polish :gj:

Blaster

Yeah, i don't even know why the others were a bit of a failure. I think the red was only a little under performing when compared to other similar builds, but the 445nm was woeful :( I only have a 405nm 3 element glass on this ATM but i do wish to get a G2 lens for it in the near future. This should be finished tomorrow :) I REALLY hope this laser has a good LPM reading, there's no reason it shouldnt. But i do wish to get it LPMd with a G lens on it for the PROPER output haha.
I wouldn't BS you on a LPM and its very easy to do a graph with time, date stamp when I'm testing it and couple of pictures as well , so you know I'm not lowering the value ,i certainly want to buy lasers in Australia ( HELLO AUSTRALIA lots of cash available) but I'm not going to sink that low on a LPM test ..I'm already offering you double what it cost you even without the LPM reading if its around the expected value.

NKO29

Re: Bullet Laser Host (99% complete :]) PIC HEAVY?

I wasn't trying to say that at all lol. I have spoken to you on the phone and you gained my trust :) I was saying the lens plays a big role in LPM readings... A G2 lens will give 30% more output in some circumstances :) But on this 3 element lens, i had to sand it down lool it wouldnt fit in any of my modules! Probably a manufacturing fault but at least it goes in and works now!
Oh and you can expect pictures very soon :wave:

Last edited:

NKO29

Ok guys, finally finished this laser. I am totally unsure about it's power as i have only ever had 445nm+. I will be buying a G2 lens shortly, but other than that it is 100% finished :)
The driver is all in the aluminium head, and this laser is very easy to disassemble.
CHECK THE BOTTOM OF THE OP TO SEE IT WORKING :)
Positive contact:

CDBEAM777

NK...Beautiful and unique hoist !!! After a good polish job....and while wearing cotton gloves....try spraying the Brass with a fast-drying lacquer. That should seal the metal against moisture and skin oils! I have tried this on Copper....and it works.

CDBEAM=======>

I might try this stuff too....mmmm???....perhaps... TOooo smooth a surface will not help when using lacquer or this Neverwet coating...just a final polish with a course steel wool ??? Both materials need to stick and stay on...to do the job...IMHO.....I have never tried Neverwet.....but it looks interesting !!!

http://www.neverwet.com/

Last edited:

NKO29

Thanks for the kind words :) The aluminium stays polished, but after a few days the brass dulls again. I'll probably just go for the clear lacquer if i could be bothered :p Good luck with the c-mount build!

KapHn8d

I have to rep you for this... what a cool design. I mean, it's a monster bullet, but that adds to the cool-factor. Great job on this and thanks for sharing it!

c