Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Building my first laser

IWLSR5

Finally decided to take the plunge and build my first laser. I did so much research that it made my brain hurt. I'm looking to use the following parts. Does this seem like a good build? I'm open to any suggestions to improve upon it.

NUBM07 465nm 4W with DTR 20mm Copper Module
Super X-Drive(SXD-V3) Driver
Survival Laser DTR 20mm Diode Module S4 Host Bundle
Survival Laser Battery Extension Tube
2 18650 Batteries

And because I'd like to continue to see: Eagle Pair 190-540nm OD6 Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Is there any other parts that I would need to complete this build?
Lastly, is it better to go with the G2 or G8 lens?

G8 if you like a more uniform beam over distance, G2 if you are only using it up close such as indoors.

Lifetime17 has some ready to use hosts, easy to use with DTR 12mm and 20mm modules, you might want to take a look.
Thank You Red... :)
G8 if you like a more uniform beam over distance, G2 if you are only using it up close such as indoors.

Lifetime17 has some ready to use hosts, easy to use with DTR 12mm and 20mm modules, you might want to take a look.
Thank You Red..:)

kecked

Funny when I see building my first laser I still expect glass to metal seals Or at least some form of cavity. Asssembling from a laser diode is more like asssembling a flashlight then building a laser. No the less have fun and enjoy.