Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build Thread: 505nm module into host

Hey guys,

I need someone on the forums who can take this(which is what I'll be purchasing on DTR's website), the $75 option so the 12nm module w/ boost driver:

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/sharp-505nm-35mw-green-laser-diodes

And turn it into a usable pointer for me where all I need is just put batteries in and enjoy! Preferred is a builder in the USA for shipping costs but anyone in Canada would be fine as well. Please let me know if you can do this for me! :D

-Alex

diachi

Hey guys,

I need someone on the forums who can take this(which is what I'll be purchasing on DTR's website), the $75 option so the 12nm module w/ boost driver:

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/sharp-505nm-35mw-green-laser-diodes

And turn it into a usable pointer for me where all I need is just put batteries in and enjoy! Preferred is a builder in the USA for shipping costs but anyone in Canada would be fine as well. Please let me know if you can do this for me! :D

-Alex

What sort of host are you thinking of? :)

What sort of host are you thinking of? :)

I was kind of thinking of a chrome looking host, could be clicky or have a momentary push button on it. Kind of like this:

3338sjc.jpg

That's what ElectricPlasma was going to offer me :)

-Alex

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Alex, are just looking for alternatives and other options, or isn't E.P.'s option available anymore?
That pen from E.P. looks like something you'd like! :)

Alex, are just looking for alternatives and other options, or isn't E.P.'s option available anymore?
That pen from E.P. looks like something you'd like! :)

They are great Bowtie, yes! No, that option isn't available anymore unfortunately. That's why I am looking for something else! :D

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks, sorry to hear that, I'm sure someone will step up with something you like! :yh:

Podo? Pocket series? G7? Might be able to set their driver to what you want? Group buy?

Last edited:

BobMc

Podo? Pocket series? G7? Might be able to set their driver to what you want? Group buy?

dden; don't think Podo offers the 505 in a Pocket series. (yet) but if he does and there's going to be a group buy, count me in! :D

Last edited:
dden; don't think Podo offers the 505 in a Pocket series. (yet) but if he does and there's going to be a group buy, count me in! :D

Nope not yet but a little nudge never hurt. 520 old news hello 505. +100mw. Strike while the iron hot haha. If anyone could convince him it's the man with a Sanwu section of his laser museum :D. I'm game.

BobMc

Nope not yet but a little nudge never hurt. 520 old news hello 505. +100mw. Strike while the iron hot haha. If anyone could convince him it's the man with a Sanwu section of his laser museum :D. I'm game.

I'll be your huckleberry, I'll send him pm and give it a shot. Never hurts to ask. :)

Edit, I'm going to ask him for the 480 also. :)

Edit; sent pm, let you know what he says. :)

Last edited:
Actually guys, a seller I was buying a laser from refunded my money so I'll probably end up getting a 594 instead. That should finish up my collection pretty good :)

-Alex

Last edited:

BobMc

@dden, Podo responded and said they don't have a source for the diodes at the moment. But they're willing to make custom builds if someone was to send them the diodes. Time to visit DTR's website. :)

Actually guys, a seller I was buying a laser from refunded my money so I'll probably end up getting a 594 instead. That should finish up my collection pretty good :)

-Alex

Didn't you just recently sell a 594 Hap!

Also Jordan is out of the 473 diodes guys!

Reactions: GSS
Well, that worked out for the better. I think you waited too long to get one from Jordan anyway. These have always been in short supply. If you don't jump on it, it won't be there when you do.