Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build Section?

Just curious if this could be done. I, for one, love seeing other people's work, but every time I search for "445 build" or "Green build" or anything, I just get random threads. The most common is the spyder III arctic thread, cause it has SO MUCH random stuff in it. so, i was curious if this was ever talked about? Just thought I'd share an idea with everyone, cause I'd love to see a build thread.:)
What do you guys think?
oops, kept saying thread. i meant a build section, haha=p

Last edited:

Morgan

Have a look in the DIY group. I think you can, "Join", it as a social group in you profile page. Is that what you mean? I really should go there more as it's kind of a forgotten place for me as it's not visible enough.

M
:)

@Morgan
Yes, kind of. I was just thinking of a universal place where members could post their latest builds, prototypes, etc...Something more than just having to search the red laser section for builds, instead, you could just go to the build section, and find a red build you'd like to look at, for ideas. Just where members post their builds, so other members can benefit. Is that confusing?...hahaha it sounds very confusing to my ears, hopefully you guys'll get it:p But please correct me if there's already a section for that=p
@Kevlar
yes, I like the laser pro shop:) I'm probably going to buy a Flaminpyro kit once I get the money back from wicked. I really like his focus adapters:)

Last edited:

Grix

Try searching for only words in the title of the thread.

Morgan

I think if you had a, "Build", section you would end up with two posts going on. One in that section and another in the related colour section. I know what you mean though; they get lost amongst the questions. I got the impression you were more interested in the builds that were NOT for sale but the one offs that people make. I guess another solution to segregating those would be a, "Build", stickie in each of the colour sections or an icon that could be attached to the title that could be searched for. A bit cumbersome but closer to what you suggest. No easy answers here I think.

M
:)

It would be a good idea if you got people to post their own topics for their builds instead of just posting in a big topic.