Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build or Buy?

Laik

I have mc as well :D Although that's enough off topic for this thread before we get into trouble.

I wish my computer only cost $1500... or even my lasers for that matter XD

Laik

Holy crap awillis! I wan't that laptop :drool: I don't have much money because i am not allowed a job at the moment because it might affect my grades. I want to get a job on the holidays so i can make some cash and build more lasers. My holidays just finished though, so it will be another 10 weeks of school until i can get a job. I am gonna get a job at a local feed barn (place that stocks charf, hay, etc for farms and stuff) because it would be better than working at some crappy pizza shop. I live on a small property/hobby farm which is 24 acres so i wouldn't be too out of place working there. We go so off topic:D

Gun

Yeah I know MSI, they make good Lappys :)

Haha Laik, country boy are you? :p

Gun

Hello Guys.

I just wanted to make sure that the goggles I ordered (THESE ones) will be okay. I have heard good things about Laserlands although obviously they won't be the best quality. They'll still do the job and protect my eye balls, right?

I have never tested them or seen them tested. Unless someone around here with an LPM and exp has its not really possible to say. Basically, just shine the laser in question on a wall through the goggles. You should see little to nothing of the dot and no beam. A good pair of goggles will make a 300mW+ 532nm laser look like its less than 1mW a meter away and a 1W 445nm laser look like its less than 5mW. Don't test them a meter away at first though in case they don't work well.

Laik

They will protect you from looking at the dot, but i don't know how well they will go if you get it in your eye. Ultimately you should get eagle pairs glasses. :)

Last edited:

Gun

They will protect you from looking at the dot, but i don't know how well they will go if you get it in your eye. Ultimately you should get eagle pairs glasses. :)

Although I should have done my research, you're the one that linked me them!

Laik

Last edited:

kilter

With the safety goggles, is there any cheaper ones that are of the same quality or better? I'd like to buy 2 pairs instead of 1 and not go over budget.

What would recommend for a host for this laser? Will any box with holes in it do the job?

When you say take it outside, I assume you mean with a sort of extension cord so it can stay plugged-in and run? I think I have a couple lying around.

Also, when using this 30mW laser outside, will I still need to wear safety goggles? I assume I don't since I'm not going to be very close to it.

For lolz, you could use an altoids tin! (I am with my fasttech module when it comes)
When you are outside, you do not need goggles, just be careful.
Yours is powered by battery right? Then you do not need any type of cord!
These are pretty nice: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Safety-...997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337f94b825

Hope this helped,
Kilter

Last edited:

Gun

All my parts for my build just arrived!

I'm just about to solder the module to the power adapter!

Also, the negative lead on the module fell off, guess I'll just solder it back on :(

Gun

It's working! It's very bright when compared to my 1mW :)

Now I'm just going to find some sort of housing for it, and it'll be done!

Thanks to everyone who helped me! :)

Last edited:
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

LOL!