Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build number 3!

GSS

Wow that is unique, looks like you mixed and matched all kinds of parts from different lasers??
I'm seeing a copper front but a Axis brass module in the breakdown pic's??
What are you using for battery's with a SXD at 1.8A?

Hi Taylor,
Your getting the ing of it, soon your builds will get a little more refined. But for now they are working, congrats on your 3rd build, the M140's are still a great choice of diodes . I never get tired of them, also the A140's are great to set them to 1.5A and you can get at least 1700 mW's with a G2. They are still a great and powerful diodes for the money .
Rich:)

Taylor21990

Wow that is unique, looks like you mixed and matched all kinds of parts from different lasers??
I'm seeing a copper front but a Axis brass module in the breakdown pic's??
What are you using for battery's with a SXD at 1.8A?
Okay, so I do mix and match different laser parts a lot because most of their parts are the same size. I had the axiz module in, then replaced it with the copper. (Didn't document it.) The 303 laser heads fit right on top of the axiz lenses. No glue needed. Easy for adjusting focal length. And batteries are Fenix 16340.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Ok you swapped the Axis out, I thought I was losing my mind:giggle:
I did think that was a 303 head. LOL!
Very nice and cool build:) and squeezing in the 2 16340's.

very nice indeed! 1800Ma should definitely give that thing some power! I know my Osram PLTB450B @1.8 on my G2 is giving me right at 2,200 mw. nice work :)

Taylor21990

Thanks guys! And thanks Rich, I was always hesitant on the A140's considering their price. But with your opinion in mind I'm gonna order a couple! Any lower-priced drivers you guys know of that'll run those diodes

I saw this yesterday, but didn't want to post first to it. I'm curious what is on the diode's back where thee pins attach? It looks like a blob of solder. The focus isn't good enough to really tell from your photo. Keep practicing your soldering skills. The leads coming from the driver could have been done better. I'm very glad for you that this actually works.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I saw this yesterday, but didn't want to post first to it. I'm curious what is on the diode's back where thee pins attach? It looks like a blob of solder. The focus isn't good enough to really tell from your photo. Keep practicing your soldering skills. The leads coming from the driver could have been done better. I'm very glad for you that this actually works.
Flux is your friend. Flux core solder is nice but for fine work it just isn't enough. A flux pen is money well spent.