Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buck Converter Feeler?

Well, I realized that, as a college student, I won't have the time or the money to be able to invest in something like this. So, at least for now, I can't.

I think I'm gonna try using two of these boards in parallel to drive a 445nm to ~1.6A
How do you think that would work (assuming you have tinkered around with this driver a bit).

It *does* work! But actually, if you can find a SS34 diode of the same size as the SS14 diode on the board, then replace the SS14 diode with the SS34, and then you can just change the resistors and it will be able to handle that 1.6A alone! That's what I am doing for my most recent build.

Whoa that's awesome I think ill do that, thanks for the super quick reply! I apologize for not searching more before posting my first question, seems like there is alot of info out there.

Oh, man, don't worry about it! And that info is not going to be as common as everywhere else, so this was a good place to look.

And actually, I was just really bored so I replied (just finished waiting at the laundry -.- ). Anyway, good luck! Those little SS34 diodes can be hard to find though.

Oh, man, don't worry about it! And that info is not going to be as common as everywhere else, so this was a good place to look.

And actually, I was just really bored so I replied (just finished waiting at the laundry -.- ). Anyway, good luck! Those little SS34 diodes can be hard to find though.

Ya looked around and it looks like digikey sells them, along with a chinese ebay-er that sells 20 for $6 free shipping.
Need to look at them more to check that the size is right though.

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Do you know what SMD size they are? Might pick some of them IC's off ebay

LaZeRz

20 PCS SS34 DO-214AC 1N5822 SMD Schottky Barrier Diodes | eBay

I know nothing about SMD sizes, ill do the research later though. Right now I'm studying for some school assignments for tomorrow morning haha.

I know how that feels...

Luckily,lol, I sliced my thumb and had to get it stitched back together so I have extra time :whistle:

Might pick up a 10 pack of them schottky diodes and some resistors/solder paste so I can just place everything in an oven and let it magically solder itself

Last edited:
I know how that feels...

Luckily,lol, I sliced my thumb and had to get it stitched back together so I have extra time :whistle:

Haha ya I did that alot last semester. This semester I am already taking a full week off for a convention, so I don't have much room to spare if I want straight A's unfortunately.

Yeah - the SMD size is the smallest diode size. I think it's SMC? or SMA. Whichever is smaller.

Hey wolfman, you really should offer these. They will be hot. I would be ordering them in bulk man.

I would, except, as a Freshman in college, it just wouldn't be worth the time for any reasonable price, especially because I would be hand-soldering these. Anyway, I can't seem to find those resistor measurements anymore anyway XD I forgot them. Haha.

And my Mouser cart is empty, too (it WAS full...)

Last edited:
I haven't. But this isn't really a "what if it doesn't work" issue, because it's essentially just math. :p I have done lots of configurations for this driver for my own purposes. I just set on a particular set of resistors to make me need to buy the minimum amount of variety of resistors with the most possible useful current settings.