Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brass modules and Aluminium Pointer

SyKo

So out of curiosity i sourced these two items from my supplier, the brass module isnt all that special but still quite nice but the housing rather surprised me especially for the price.

First up the Pointer housing:

8HfQaXk.jpg

Excluding Paypal, shipping etc Pointer housing would be roughly ~$5USD each depending on quantities, either way nothing official yet, this isnt a sale thread :p.

Might even contact Isaac on here to see if he could copy it but thicken it up to maybe up to suit long run times on higher power diodes.

Forgot to add dimensions ~30mm x 190mm

And the Brass Housing:
JvC7s5O.jpg

The brass housing also comes with a generic expanding lens for DPSS 532's and a hole drilled for APC circuitry.

13x32mm

Price excluding PP/shipping etc, ~$3USD/pc

Mostly interested on thoughts on the pointer as you can just press any 13mm module into the pill and screw it in, slot in a battery and your done, hell you could have multiple pills and one laser body and just swap them in and out.

so.... Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rivem

I like it. For the price, a host like that is pretty good. The side button is a plus as well.

Is it bare aluminum, or is there a surface treatment?

SyKo

The surface of the housing has a sort of powder coating? albeit thin ill do some more investigation but as far as interior its just bare Al.

Also forgot to mention it has a funny little feature that isnt pictured but opposite to the side button (On the back) is a hole for a AC adapter style battery charger to be plugged in to charge the batteries without removing them, not sure if people would want to risk it but still interesting.

Last edited:

Rivem

The surface of the housing has a sort of powder coating? albeit thin ill do some more investigation but as far as interior its just bare Al.

Also forgot to mention it has a funny little feature that isnt pictured but opposite to the side button (On the back) is a hole for a AC adapter style battery charger to be plugged in to charge the batteries without removing them, not sure if people would want to risk it but still interesting.

Does it have charging circuitry at all?

SyKo

I wouldnt expect it to it plugs into the same assembly that the switch is in (Pictured top just below silver button) pretty sure it just lets you have a external connection straight to the battery mind you it could be useful if you wanted to run the laser as both a lab laser and a pointer since you'd be able to run it directly off external power.

Last edited:

Sta

Interestingly enough, I just purchased a 600mW 635nm in this host yesterday. It was from a company called XPL, I have a thead about the company in the Companies section.

syko

what would it be usd to ship that three rgb that is listed for 29 aud

SyKo

syko

what would it be usd to ship that three rgb that is listed for 29 aud

For a standard tracked satchel it would be an extra $22AUD incl tracking.
Pricing is from Auspost.

SyKo

$16 USD and if people want to pay in USD that is fine.