Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*BOUGHT* Custom 445 Laser from Flaminpyro!! *PIC HEAVY*

Hello Everyone!!

So, after what seems like fifty PMs back & fourth & two months of waiting to get the right materials I've recently received my customized tritium inlay 445nm SS laser from the one & only Flaminpyro!!!

I'm still waiting for Kenom to finish building the Kenometer PRO for me but Flaminpyro metered it and it was putting out 719mW!!

I don't think I can be more pleased with the end result. I wanted something that looked sleek and futuristic like something from the movie 'TRON' & it was turned out exactly like I had imagined it!!!

This is my first acquisition from Flaminpyro & he did NOT disappoint. In my opinion one of the best builders on the board!

Eventhough I've only had this laser for a few days my wife actually ended up REALLY liking it & claimed it as 'her laser' she even wanted to do an 'ANIME - STYLE' photo shoot with it. I don't mind her claiming it as hers if I can get my custom designed high power green laser made. ;)

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

aurora_full.jpg

Full picture of the Aurora.

custom_focus_ring_trits.jpg

Close-up of custom focus ring with tritium inlays.

control_shot.jpg

Control shot from my living room into the kitchen.

palm_display.jpg

My wife showing off 'her laser'.

palm_blast.jpg

Laser blast from the palm 'Ironman' style (Ironwoman style).

laser_sabre.jpg

Is this a laser sabre?

anime_445nm.jpg

Anime in 445nm.

Wives/girlfriends with lasers is so awesome! There should be a thread dedicated to just that.

Reactions: ped

DTR

Well that's one way to spice up a review.:eg:

I absolutely love it! Technically, she can do that for a pic as long as she's not looking at it, but please get some laser safety glasses on her.

So are you selling the wife or the laser in this for sale thread? The FP doesn't say. ;). I might have wife approval issues if it is the first.

DJNY

Nice laser you´ve got there!!
Those tritium inlays are damn awesome...

ped

I also forgot to say, thats probably the best handheld laser ive ever seen.

Jealous doesnt even begin to describe it. Superb :)

madog

That is beautiful! Truly unique.
Was it your idea or FP's to add the tritium?

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I haven't figured out how to quote someone in a new post so, I'm just going to copy/paste & answer everyone.

"Wives/girlfriends with lasers is so awesome! There should be a thread dedicated to just that." by yobresal

I definitely agree with this!! Lets start one & everyone please post some awesome pix of girls & lasers!

"I absolutely love it! Technically, she can do that for a pic as long as she's not looking at it, but please get some laser safety glasses on her. " by millirad

We did the photo shoot as quick as possible to minimize the eye exposure to the 445nm. I also told her not to look directly at the laser 'point' for too long & suggested that she use the laser goggles but she stated they were ugly & would cover up her eye make-up.

"So are you selling the wife or the laser in this for sale thread? The FP doesn't say. I might have wife approval issues if it is the first. " by xStatiCa

I'll have to hold on to the wife. ;) As for the laser I waited so long for it to be built I don't see myself selling it anytime soon. I've received a few PM's asking me how much I paid to have this made by FP which I have to say if you want to know you have to ask him. Knowing the time & machining challenges he encountered to set the inlays into the focus ring I'm not sure he'd want to do it again....but then again for the right $$ anything can be done. ;)

"That is beautiful! Truly unique.
Was it your idea or FP's to add the tritium? " by madog

I'm always looking for something unique & different from anything else. In this laser when FP showed me the picture of the aurora with the focus ring I wanted to add something to is that would make it 'custom'. I got the idea to add tritium to the laser from a TRI-V flashlight I saw on CPF with two trit vials inset into the from of it. I initially wanted the trits on the body of the laser & was told by FP that it would pose a big machining problem & possibly affect the integrity of the laser (though aesthetically pleasing) if he were to place them there. It was his suggestion to move them to the front of the focus ring & it was a GREAT suggestion!!! I LOVE IT!!

Thank you,

Alfie Chip

hit the multi quote button for everyone you want to quote into your next post, and on the last person you want to add just hit the quote button alone, and it'll tag and quote everyone's post that you hit the m.quote button for .
then you can just add your responsed bellow it all or in between quotes(looks better)
+ rep on your review thread that looks sick!
by thw way, how much did it cost?

IsaacT

That host is smexy as hell. How many mW's you gettin out of it?