Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Boston Marathon Bombing 2013

I'm surprised no one here is talking about it.

Here are 4 videos I found relevant.

What is more disturbing is the comments on some of the videos. Some American kids are laughing out loud. Other Americans are blaming Muslims. Muslims are calling America Israel, and saying we deserve it. Conspiracy theorists are saying the government planned it, and Conservatives are blaming Liberals for reasons I dont understand.

We have this act of terrorism, from overseas, or homegrown, and all people can do is wag fingers and say these horrific things. I dont understand it. :cryyy:

Gun

I don't know why those things are being said. My heart goes out to everyone involved in this tragic event.

I just recently read about it. Apparently, 8 year old child is among the dead from this incident.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, my heart goes out to those families as well and I'm greatly saddened to see something like this happen, but truth be told, it happens in America = worldwide news. Terrible atrocities like those happen probably every other day out in middle east on all sides of religious extrimists and terror groups and it never makes any news. Just something to think about.

When and if they find the individuals that are responsible
of this cowardly premeditated act upon unsuspecting innocent
civilians... they should have all of their rights as humans be
revoked and should suffer the consequences... IMO

Jerry

Gun

I just recently read about it. Apparently, 8 year old child is among the dead from this incident.

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, my heart goes out to those families as well and I'm greatly saddened to see something like this happen, but truth be told, it happens in America = worldwide news. Terrible atrocities like those happen probably every other day out in middle east on all sides of religious extrimists and terror groups and it never makes any news. Just something to think about.
Exactly what I was going to say. Tristan Barker (he's a guy off facebook, you may not have heard of him) says that most times something big like this happens. Everyone gets mad at him and says he's heartless but in actual fact, it's very true.

Z, if it makes you feel any better, some of us Americans do get our news from sources other than the main-stream media in America.

I hear about tragedies like the one in Boston, happen all over the world, with daily news from Syria, to the ethnic strife in the former Czech republic, to the tribal fighting in Africa. And they ALL break my heart.

What I see from day to day is the lives of innocents being punctuated and even ended by the monied interests, zealots, and despots that all seek to do what they will with the world, damn the consequences.

And it makes me sick. THIS is why I'm getting the hell out, to the north island of New Zealand, and put all of this bullshit behind me.

That's just this scumbag's opinion...

Gun

Z, if it makes you feel any better, some of us Americans do get our news from sources other than the main-stream media in America.

I hear about tragedies like the one in Boston, happen all over the world, with daily news from Syria, to the ethnic strife in the former Czech republic, to the tribal fighting in Africa. And they ALL break my heart.

What I see from day to day is the lives of innocents being punctuated and even ended by the monied interests, zealots, and despots that all seek to do what they will with the world, damn the consequences.

And it makes me sick. THIS is why I'm getting the hell out, to the north island of New Zealand, and put all of this bullshit behind me.

That's just this scumbag's opinion...

Those bad things that happen are a very small portion of everything else.

However, New Zealand is a really nice place ;) I've been to the south island.

Those bad things that happen are a very small portion of everything else.

However, New Zealand is a really nice place ;) I've been to the south island.

Thanks for that, Gun. It should be, indeed, remembered by all, that there is still good in the world.

Like Mr. Roger's mom said, 'Whenever something bad like this happens, just look for the people who are helping. There are always those rushing to help.'

Well, kudos to you, but you're in a minority - most people just go by local news portal headlines and that's about it.

Heck, I have a feeling that people who read news at all are a minority. I'm apsolutely sure that if you took a walk in the street, wherever you live in USA, you'd have minimal trouble finding people who believe invading Middle East countries with military force is a good thing, in name of "patriotism" or whatever.

Truth is, the lines between victim and agressor are little blurry.

Why can't we all just get along? :D

Now North Korea is being an attention w**re and with all that... well, it doesn't look like all sunshine and bunnies in near future, I can tell you that much for certain.

Things

Only news I bother reading is the local news, only time I know of something happening overseas is if it's a big event :D

I think you are missing my point. I understand this is small potatoes compared to the global terrorist death toll. I'm actuality somewhat relieved it was not bigger than it was. But you also have to remember that the worlds eyes are on the US. Our media, culture, and entertainment industry is broadcasted around the globe. So naturally when an event like this happens its going to be world news, no matter what the severity.

What boggles my mind is ~60% of the comments I read are totally insane. How can you laugh at it? How can people throw total conjecture so freely without even knowing one fact? To be honest its embarrassing.

Only news I bother reading is the local news, only time I know of something happening overseas is if it's a big event :D

I dont even watch the news. I found out 8 hours later when my girlfriend told me about it when she got home from work.

Last edited:
I think you are missing my point. I understand this is small potatoes compared to the global terrorist death toll. I'm actuality somewhat relieved it was not bigger than it was. But you also have to remember that the worlds eyes are on the US. Our media, culture, and entertainment industry is broadcasted around the globe. So naturally when an event like this happens its going to be world news, no matter what the severity.

What boggles my mind is ~60% of the comments I read are totally insane. How can you laugh at it? How can people throw total conjecture so freely without even knowing one fact? To be honest its embarrassing.

Yeah I know I know, publicity and all. I understand.

What 60% comments, who the hell laughed? Where?!

Jump on Youtube and search Boston Marathon Explosion. Pick any video and read the comments.

Oh, youtube, ofcourse. Place full of internet keyboard warriors taking out their frustrations of achieving so little in life, in form of pushing their beliefs on others and belittling anybody who doesn't agree.

Probably the single website in which you should mind not to scroll down accidentaly, or risk ruining your day.

Out of those 60%, I'd bet 60% doesn't even mean it, they're just seeking attention, even if it's negative one. Other 30% would sell their own mothers for a cold side of the pillow anyway, so no point in arguing much about their ways of thinking, they are just going to spread some political nonsense or whatever.

Don't let it ruin your day man. Just ignore the entire comment section and focus on the video you wanted to watch when you clicked it. If idiots are raging about, there is no combination of words in any language in entire universe you can put together to calm them down anyway. So why get worked up?

Let's have a moment of silence for innocent people that fell that day, and see if there are any donation buttons for the families that need help, and those living in Boston see if there's something in their power and convenience to help, and that's it. Put the bad things in past as soon as you can. Drag it on and you just accumulate rage inside you.