Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Blue laser 74W NUBM35 Portabl?

Today I installed a new active cooling with dimensions of 150/69/36mm with 2 fans. At 4A current, I can say that I am very satisfied with the result. It is very important for me that after stopping work, the temperature drops very quickly. With the front radiator, this was impossible.

Yep, we must keep the laser temp under control and I think with TEC we can overdrive these arrays.

Yes, I understand now. I will connect the two rows of diodes separately. Each to their own as you say. I'll draw a diagram later and when you can look at it if it's ok. I will be using a large heatsink without a fan because this invention will be used in short intervals. I can't overheat it because I'm familiar with it. However, making the two drivers will be quite difficult because they are large and must be fixed on a metal plate. My goal is to make the laser portable, like everything packed into a screwdriver body. I also have a damaged massager that also does the job.
Hey! How did it go? Can i see your circuit diagram? and pictures? did you end up doing it? any notable observations?

Hey! How did it go? Can i see your circuit diagram? and pictures? did you end up doing it? any notable observations?
I don't have a schematic of the laser. In fact, the laser box was redesigned several times. In short, that's what she has. 1 Aluminum heatsink with two fans, packs of 18pcs 24V batteries, thermal sensor to see temperature, volt meter, sect switch to activate and dea switch to start the fans and one for the array. A 600W step-up driver to the array and a step-down driver to the fans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_074438_com.android.gallery3d_edit_589751051035008.jpg
    Screenshot_20231216_074438_com.android.gallery3d_edit_589751051035008.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 7
Hey Boris, I ordered one of these nubb13t to try out, the initial spacing between each beam center is 1.25mm where the nubm35 is 2.4mm and the nubm31 is 3.5mm, I will make a post when I get it and post a pic of what the alignment looks like.
If somehow the alignment is reasonably good, then knife edging a few could be fun.

What type of power rating would a tec have to be to keep the 13t running at 4 amps in a temperature range of 25-30c?

That is a neat little array 🥰

What type of power rating would a tec have to be to keep the 13t running at 4 amps in a temperature range of 25-30c?

That is a neat little array 🥰
Man this forum has got tumbleweeds these days..

So after some reading, I've come up with the following for those interested.

First we calculate the electrical power input to the laser diode array:

Pinput=V×IP= V \times IPinput=V×IPinput=16.5 V×3.5 A=57.75 WP= 16.5 \\times 3.5 = 57.75 Pinput=16.5 V×3.5 A=57.75 W

This is the electrical power consumed by the laser diode array. The output power of 22 Watts is the optical power emitted as light, and the rest (57.75 W - 22 W = 35.75 W) is dissipated as heat.

Now to be safe, double up that value and a 50-70W tec should do the trick.

I just ordered one to play with.

Back