Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue-Green-Red diodes new 3 Flexdrives new! SOLD

BobMc

No sweats, mine was a project that would have taken awhile. If your interested maybe we can work something out?

The short version is a rgb build with independently controlled diodes. No small task. Let me know if it interests you. Thanks :)

Last edited:

After I get to see some RGB produced white for awhile, I very well may.

BobMc

The more the merrier Alaskan. Was thinking a module like you just bought in a host with three potentiometers on it so you could get every color in the spectrum. That would work for me! :)

Last edited:
This was the plan, But 3 Flexdrives isn't gonna cut it, And those drivers are over $100

I was going to put it in a large maglight but other projects got in the way!

BobMc

This was the plan, But 3 Flexdrives isn't gonna cut it, And those drivers are over $100

I was going to put it in a large maglight but other projects got in the way!

Ok, does that mean I might be able to tease you into a build? :D

When your schedule permits? :)

Not for a while Bob,

I work night shift it's hard enough to find the time, some of my builds took weeks a little here a little there and it gives me time to decide on details so they turn out much nicer!

BobMc

Not for a while Bob,

I work night shift it's hard enough to find the time, some of my builds took weeks a little here a little there and it gives me time to decide on details so they turn out much nicer!

I understand it is a heck of a commitment. Life does get in the way sometimes. :crackup:

Will be keeping an eye out to see what else come up for sale from your workshop. :)

Before asking this I looked twice in both threads, but I can't confirm what kind of voltage is needed for each driver, the photo appears to show one 3.7 to 4.2 Li-ion battery for each driver, if so, the green must use a boost driver? Forgive me, I don't know flex drivers to know if they do that, maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly.

Last edited:
Before asking this I looked twice in both threads, but I can't confirm what kind of voltage is needed for each driver, the photo appears to show one 3.7 to 4.2 Li-ion battery for each driver, if so, the green must use a boost driver? Forgive me, I don't know flex drivers to know if they do that, maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly.

The Flexdrives are buck-boost. 1 4.2v bat for each Flexdrive!

There all set in low range witch is 100ma-400ma and I have them all set to about 250ma so there is room for adjustments info Should be in the build thread, All single mode and they combine nicely with the acrilic lenses!

Last edited:
Oh, guess I could have googled that. What are the rough dimensions of the module? About how high is the beam output from the bottom of the base?

Sent him the money about 30 minutes ago
Congrats Chris, can't wait for you to get this.

Not for a while Bob,

and they do turn out beautifully, it shows in the build that you put all your heart into them.
I still can't get over my corrected beam build.
Two pieces, just put them together, no screwing them in, and boom, instant goodness.
BTW, I have to say it again, I love your Avatar Billy. :crackup:

Wish I could buy one of his pointers! Saving money for other things right now.

Oh, guess I could have googled that. What are the rough dimensions of the module? About how high is the beam output from the bottom of the base?

From memory, I'm still not home, length 8cm hight 5cmm width 5cm it's small but not tiny!

Thanks again Andrew!
That is a hell of a laser you got mate, It's small can fit in your pocket and can start a fire over 10metres away. And it's buitifull, I love the 2 piece design also, It's hard to beet that one, Man I saw you purchased another soon you will have a museum like Bob!