Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu Ray or XBOX 360 HD DVD power.

jayrob

IgorT said:
... I still can't believe, that we already have a similar power with 405nm diodes as with 16x reds!

That is amazing!

I can't believe that nobody else has tried the Meredith glass lens for a blu-ray yet!
Jay

daguin

jayrob said:
That is amazing!

I can't believe that nobody else has tried the Meredith glass lens for a blu-ray yet!
Jay

I have.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

daguin said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1213250429/12#16 date=1213320959]
That is amazing!

Jay

I have.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Good to know Dave! Now for the million dollar question....
Did you measure about a 30% increase than what you would expect from an AiXiZ acrylic? Correction: The 30% difference is between a Meredith acrylic, and a Meredith glass. Not an AixiZ acrylic.
Jay

daguin

jayrob said:
Good to know Dave! Now for the million dollar question....
Did you measure about a 30% increase than what you would expect from an AiXiZ acrylic?
Jay

I didn't know what to expect at the input I am using. I don't have any measurements for this input current with a well fitted aiXiz acrylic lens using an 803t diode. This is NOT my 6X. It is putting out 83% of the mA vs. mW (which is pretty much in line with lower input current). Switching an ill fitting aiXiz with the Merideth glass shows about a 19% increase for the Merideth glass over the aiXiz acrylic.

Peace,
dave

muslimballa911 said:
i need to know which diode is more powerful.
Blu Ray ---mW
  or
HD DVD     ---mW
meaning which diode will light a fuse/match/cigarette/etc

also how much mW will they have. also can some show me a link to a mW meter, or how to make one.
*sigh*

Do you know how much times this question has been answered?? Please do some lurking before deciding to ask obvious questions such as this.

I too have a meredith glass. I really want to turn up the current running through my 803T now though after hearing about the 6Xs being driven so high. I'm jealous. Maybe I'll go to 100 or 110 mA since I have such a wonderful heatsink.

jayrob

climbak said:
I too have a meredith glass. I really want to turn up the current running through my 803T now though after hearing about the 6Xs being driven so high. I'm jealous. Maybe I'll go to 100 or 110 mA since I have such a wonderful heatsink.

Hmmm....wonder where you got such a great heatsink? Lol! (Thanks!)
Jay

IgorT said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1213250429/0#10 date=1213282138]Let me go measure mine without a lens...  :eek:
EDIT: WOW.... about 248mW with no lens....  :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was waiting for something like this.. The more people do this measurement, the more exactly we will know what these diodes are actually capable of! You also have to consider the fact, that not all light can leave the module, because it diverges too fast, and hits the threads on the inner walls.. It takes a lens to bring it all out.

This is great news! I was starting to get worried, when i heard about much lower measurements from others.. But the no optics measurement is very hard to do reliably and with repeatable results anyway...

Can you please describe in a little detail, how you did the no lens measurement?

All this is giving me a lot of hope! A lens with correct coatings should have a transmittance of around 95%!  :D[/quote]

Well, the diode is in a kenom barrel, so I just took the lens out and got the head as close to the LPM sensor as I could without touching it. Then, I left it there while holding it for a few minutes and calibrated it to 0, because I didn't want the heat of my hands or barrel skewing the results. Then I just cranked it on and watched the results over about 20 seconds, turned it off to make sure the meter would return to 0 (proving that heat wasn't a factor) and that was that.

Here's my meter:

DSC00866.jpg

IgorT

GooeyGus said:
turned it off to make sure the meter would return to 0 (proving that heat wasn't a factor) and that was that.

Well, heat dissipates very quickly, when a diode is mounted in a chunk of metal, even if it is only an AixiZ module...

I did the same measurements, but i'm not sure what is really behind the lens, as the power measured increases, the closer i bring the module, even tho the light cone completely covered the middle of the thermopile from the start.

So i'm not quite sure where that is coming from. And i think i won't be 100% sure until i get the custom lenses.

If calculated from your 185mW average up, the power difference between plastic lens and no lens would be 34%! I really hope none of this was from IR.