Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray Glow Tile Video - Cool!

Kenom

Indeed. Curtisium is retailed by lots of different places as it's essentially a crystal that gets put into any product of your choosing. The sell those rolls in 1000ft rolls and they can be anywhere from 12" to 12'

Switch

Well, I ordered 2 sheets.Shipping was more than the sheets themselves. :p Anyway, I'll post when I get them.

Switch

I got those sheets today and I have to say they work rather well  :D Judging by your description and your videos Kenom I'd say that these are the same product as the ones from glorope. :-/ So coolglowstuff.com is definetly a worthwile option for some blu-ray fun for those that can't buy from glorope.

Oh , it also has the triboluminescence thing going on when you scrape it with your fingernail. :D

Here's a crappy video: http://rapidshare.com/files/148849277/RMOV0016.AVI.html But it shows how well it lights up. A lot brighter than anything GITD I've ever had anyway. :p

It's the same supplier I'm guessing. glorope.com is just a reseller.

Do they take PayPal and do they ship internationally? I couldn't find that information on the site... you guys who bought from them know?

Switch

Yup, I guess so, I paid using paypal and live in Europe. :p Shipping took like 10 days.It's worth buying more since shipping is ~$6 if I remember correctly, and one sheet is $2.

Man , this stuff is good fun, I've been playing with it for a few hours and I don't even have my spirograph. ;D

So only blu-ray works for these glow in the dark tiles/paper? Is that right? Dang, I guess I have to get a blu-ray laser now :D

daguin

stealle said:
So only blu-ray works for these glow in the dark tiles/paper? Is that right? Dang, I guess I have to get a blu-ray laser now :D

And lots and lots of other things as well. Many minerals and plants react to the 405nm laser.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=stealle link=1215198721/20#37 date=1222623554]So only blu-ray works for these glow in the dark tiles/paper? Is that right? Dang, I guess I have to get a blu-ray laser now :D

And lots and lots of other things as well.  Many minerals and plants react to the 405nm laser.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Plants? :-? For example...

daguin

stealle said:
Plants?  :-? For example...

Many flowers show different colors and different patterns under Long Wave Ultra-Violet light. Insects see a very different color pattern than we see in a flower. These patterns change as the flower matures. Nectar and pollen eating insects "see" those changes and use them to decide which flower to land on.

Some of the grass in my lawn reflects a blue light back at me and some of it reflects a violet light back. Some mosses and lichens are phosphorescent. When lit from a distanced, with an unfocused beam, my Jasmin flowers look like stars on a velvet background.

One of the coolest things to do with a 405nm laser is to take it outside, unfocus the beam and/or use a diffraction grating, and just see what all reacts. Of course when doing this, keep your duty cycle in mind if you are using a high powered laser. It is VERY easy to lose track of time while doing this ;) I carry two with me so one can be cooling down while I'm using the other.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

Hahaha. Very good idea Dave. I have been meaning to go out into the desert (badlands) around me and look for scorpions and other luminescent things. Just havn't found the time to do so. Apparently scorpions can be found out there but I find it hard to believe given I live so far north. Our winters are just not condusent to long life for arachnids.

Kenom said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1215198721/20#21 date=1221405936]I agree with Kenom that the paper is actually better!

It is very thick, and has a peel off backing so that you can stick it to what ever you want. So you can make your own tiles that glow brighter and cost less.

Or you can cut it, and stick it on anything you want! :D
Jay

I take it you got some then?? I really like that adhesive stuff. Was looking at getting a roll and doing my room but man that's spendy.[/quote]

Kenom- Are you stating the adhesive paper is better exclusively because it is adhesive or is it actually brighter than the tile as well?

Also, if you want to do a room, have you seen this?: http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=51
You could do an average sized room for ~$500. Or, you could do one wall (or the ceiling of a room) with a quart for ~$170.

I wonder if it would be as bright as the glorope.com paper. It sounds like it should be from the specs. I'm considering getting a 1/2 pint of the solvent based paint and using it on something like a 4' x 6' dry erase board. http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=41

Or I could just get a couple of the 48"x49" adhesive papers from glorope.com, hmmm :-?

Kenom

stealle said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1215198721/20#23 date=1221419339][quote author=jayrob link=1215198721/20#21 date=1221405936]I agree with Kenom that the paper is actually better!

It is very thick, and has a peel off backing so that you can stick it to what ever you want. So you can make your own tiles that glow brighter and cost less.

Or you can cut it, and stick it on anything you want! :D
Jay

I take it you got some then??  I really like that adhesive stuff.  Was looking at getting a roll and doing my room but man that's spendy.[/quote]

Kenom- Are you stating the adhesive paper is better exclusively because it is adhesive or is it actually brighter than the tile as well?

Also, if you want to do a room, have you seen this?: http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=51
You could do an average sized room for ~$500. Or, you could do one wall (or the ceiling of a room) with a quart for ~$170.

I wonder if it would be as bright as the glorope.com paper. It sounds like it should be from the specs. I'm considering getting a 1/2 pint of the solvent based paint and using it on something like a 4' x 6' dry erase board.  http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=41

Or I could just get a couple of the 48"x49" adhesive papers from glorope.com, hmmm :-?[/quote]

Nah, I'm not saying it's better in longevity only initial brightness. If the tile were made with the green glow in the dark material instead of the aqua-marine, it would probably glow just as bright. As with our lasers green is more visible than blue so it appears brighter. I've set them side by side for HOURS and they both glow for an amazingly long time.

I won't be making any glow in the dark rooms until I actually have my own home. I'm sure a landlord would love to have a room that glows in the dark but practicality states that as soon as I move out that investment is lost and will most likely be painted over without even knowing that it's glow in the dark... lots of money invested for it to be painted over.\

I've got a bottle of the paint from glorope.com and it's a grainy acrylic based paint and just sucks. You have to REALLY mix it up before painting with it and as soon as you do it distributes the grains of glow where it wants leaving it uneven. I'm seriously NOT impressed at all.
Ken