Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

Blu-ray Glow Tile Video - Cool!

jayrob

Well-known member
LPF Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
9,867
Points
113
Murudai put me on to these glow tiles from this site:
http://www.glorope.com:80/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83
Their shipping was very slow, but the product was worth the wait!

This short video is an example of how bright the 8" X 8" aqua marine glow tile is with a blu-ray! :D



It's strange how the tile will only glow with a blu-ray laser (or white light). I tried red, green, and 473nm as well. None of those make it glow at all.

But as you can see, the blu-ray makes it glow very bright! This is in normal room lighting. In the dark, it is really bright! As you can imagine... It stays glowing for about 4 or 5 minutes.
Jay
 
Last edited:

diachi

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
9,592
Points
113
Pretty amazing, I have gitd paint on my keyvoard but only on 4 keys :p, it would be cool if you covered a whole building in those tiles and just let rip !

Also why is the video attachment so bigg?
 

jayrob

Well-known member
LPF Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
9,867
Points
113
Big? I have it at 640 wide. Seems like a good size. On my computer, it takes up about half the width of the screen...
 

diachi

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
9,592
Points
113
mines too, but they are usually only about 240X240
 

Murudai

New member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,238
Points
0
Yowza! I knew tiles were the way to go, that's much brighter than I managed with glow paper ;)

And I'm glad you made the vid a bigger size jay, need it to encompass all the brightness of it :)
 

MarioMaster

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
3,643
Points
63
the large glow tiles are quite impressive - i also appreciate the larger resolution video

no problem for me running a 19" widescreen monitor (1440x900)
 

Murudai

New member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,238
Points
0
I found this website: http://www.glorope.com/ while looking for some glow tiles and ordered some of these: http://www.glorope.com/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83 Unfortunately, they were out of green, so I had to get aquamarine instead.

They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me, and ship them down to me when he gets them. And he got them, and by the look of this video they look great :) I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

And for helping me out, I got jayrob a free tile, and that's what you see in the video :) Thanks again jay :D
 

jayrob

Well-known member
LPF Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
9,867
Points
113
Murudai said:
I found this website: http://www.glorope.com/ while looking for some glow tiles and ordered some of these: http://www.glorope.com/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83 Unfortunately, they were out of green, so I had to get aquamarine instead.

They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me, and ship them down to me when he gets them. And he got them, and by the look of this video they look great :) I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

And for helping me out, I got jayrob a free tile, and that's what you see in the video :) Thanks again jay :D
Your welcome! Thanks for the free tile. :)

I'll be sending your tiles on Monday. Marked as a gift, with a low value. It will probably take 7 to 10 days to get there though...
Jay
 

styropyro

New member
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
5,385
Points
0
I can't believe I haven't seen this video yet, that is awesome! I may have to get some glow tiles myself.
 

jayrob

Well-known member
LPF Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
9,867
Points
113
styropyro said:
I can't believe I haven't seen this video yet, that is awesome! I may have to get some glow tiles myself.
Yep! I felt the same way... Very happy that Murudai hooked me up with one. I wonder if anybody knows where else to get similar tiles. The place I ordered them from took forever with the shipping. I called them twice, then finally found out that the package was coming from Spain...
Jay
 

artix

New member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
994
Points
0
jayrob said:
Big? I have it at 640 wide. Seems like a good size. On my computer, it takes up about half the width of the screen...
Hehehe it only takes up a third of my screen! [smiley=happy.gif]

That tile is so cool! I will probably get one when I am finished my Kryton groove blu-ray! Those tiles only ship to the us... but Murudai says:
"They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me"

I will ask you when I am ready... ;)

(Old thread! Just realized ::))
 

Kenom

Well-known member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
5,629
Points
63
I have both the tile and the adhesive glow paper. Both glow for HOURS. but i like the adhesive paper as you can cut it to any size and set it on anything.
 

jayrob

Well-known member
LPF Site Supporter
Joined
Sep 21, 2007
Messages
9,867
Points
113
Kenom, how about a link to where we can get some of that adhesive paper your talking about... :)
Jay
 

Kenom

Well-known member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
5,629
Points
63
Same place. I'll do up a video of it. but it is also at glowrope.com
 




Top