Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray Glow Tile Video - Cool!

Kenom

it's a bit long but still a good watch

[media width=640]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qPYJVPzc-s[/media]

jayrob

Thanks for the video Kenom! After seeing how well the glow sheets work, I had to go and order some of them! They are cheap too...
Jay

jayrob

Hey Kenom I got some of those Glow paper stickers (12" X 12" - Green). Really glad you showed those! The green paper glows much brighter than the Aqua marine tile. :)
Jay

I wish we got those green tiles instead of the aqua marine tiles... damn it :( They would of been MEGA awesome I reckon.

Switch

Murudai said:
I wish we got those green tiles instead of the aqua marine tiles... damn it :( They would of been MEGA awesome I reckon.
Yea,the brighter the better!! I was just about to order a few but they weren't on the dropdown list :( I just completed my first ever bluray and want GITD goodness! :D Don't like paying with my creditcard either.... :-/

jayrob

I agree with Kenom that the paper is actually better!

It is very thick, and has a peel off backing so that you can stick it to what ever you want. So you can make your own tiles that glow brighter and cost less.

Or you can cut it, and stick it on anything you want! :D
Jay

Kenom

jayrob said:
I agree with Kenom that the paper is actually better!

It is very thick, and has a peel off backing so that you can stick it to what ever you want. So you can make your own tiles that glow brighter and cost less.

Or you can cut it, and stick it on anything you want! :D
Jay

I take it you got some then?? I really like that adhesive stuff. Was looking at getting a roll and doing my room but man that's spendy.

jayrob

Yes! I got some 12" X 12" sheets of green. They glow much brighter than the aqua marine tile...
Jay

I think I might get me some paper then, since it's so good :) But, is there any different places to get from? I mean, that place only takes credit cards and doesn't ship internationally, which is 2 problems for me.

Kenom

I'd be able to help ya with that murudai. As far as I've seen that is the only place I've found. Now granted I havn't looked all that hard. The technical name for the glow in the dark material in these tiles and paper is "curtisium" very nice stuff.

Well, yeah. I found that place originally and got jayrob to help with the tiles, but I'd rather just a direct order from a different company...

But oh well, if it's the only option...

Something to think about. At the moment none of my blu-rays are operational, so no point really, lol :p

Switch

Murudai said:
Well, yeah. I found that place originally and got jayrob to help with the tiles, but I'd rather just a direct order from a different company...

But oh well, if it's the only option...

Something to think about. At the moment none of my blu-rays are operational, so no point really, lol :p

What about this place http://coolglowstuff.com ?
They accept paypal and I think they ship internationally.It seems to be the same product :-/

Kenom

It sure looks that way but it's really hard to tell with glow in the dark material if it's truy curtisium or some other inferior product. The page indicates it does fade pretty rapidly initially. One thing I've noticed from the stuff I got at glorope.com is that it's reactant to being cut and rubbed with your fingernail. (friction) causes it to glow for a second. Kinda cool.

daguin

Kenom said:
One thing I've noticed from the stuff I got at glorope.com is that it's reactant to being cut and rubbed with your fingernail.  (friction) causes it to glow for a second.  Kinda cool.

Triboluminescence

Peace,
dave

Switch

daguin said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1215198721/20#29 date=1221697470]One thing I've noticed from the stuff I got at glorope.com is that it's reactant to being cut and rubbed with your fingernail.  (friction) causes it to glow for a second.  Kinda cool.

Triboluminescence

Peace,
dave[/quote]
I was just about to say it but oh no, it's already been said ;D
Anyway, the picture is also the same , they could be resellers of the same product, or it could be a ripoff. :-/ You could just try to see, it's not like it's really expensive :D