Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray Glow Tile Video - Cool!

jayrob

Murudai put me on to these glow tiles from this site:
http://www.glorope.com:80/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83
Their shipping was very slow, but the product was worth the wait!

This short video is an example of how bright the 8" X 8" aqua marine glow tile is with a blu-ray! :D

It's strange how the tile will only glow with a blu-ray laser (or white light). I tried red, green, and 473nm as well. None of those make it glow at all.

But as you can see, the blu-ray makes it glow very bright! This is in normal room lighting. In the dark, it is really bright! As you can imagine... It stays glowing for about 4 or 5 minutes.
Jay

Last edited:

diachi

Pretty amazing, I have gitd paint on my keyvoard but only on 4 keys :p, it would be cool if you covered a whole building in those tiles and just let rip !

Also why is the video attachment so bigg?

jayrob

Big? I have it at 640 wide. Seems like a good size. On my computer, it takes up about half the width of the screen...

diachi

mines too, but they are usually only about 240X240

Yowza! I knew tiles were the way to go, that's much brighter than I managed with glow paper ;)

And I'm glad you made the vid a bigger size jay, need it to encompass all the brightness of it :)

the large glow tiles are quite impressive - i also appreciate the larger resolution video

no problem for me running a 19" widescreen monitor (1440x900)

I found this website: http://www.glorope.com/ while looking for some glow tiles and ordered some of these: http://www.glorope.com/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83 Unfortunately, they were out of green, so I had to get aquamarine instead.

They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me, and ship them down to me when he gets them. And he got them, and by the look of this video they look great :) I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

And for helping me out, I got jayrob a free tile, and that's what you see in the video :) Thanks again jay :D

jayrob

Murudai said:
I found this website: http://www.glorope.com/ while looking for some glow tiles and ordered some of these: http://www.glorope.com/catalog/detail.cfm?Prod_ID=83 Unfortunately, they were out of green, so I had to get aquamarine instead.

They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me, and ship them down to me when he gets them. And he got them, and by the look of this video they look great :) I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

And for helping me out, I got jayrob a free tile, and that's what you see in the video :) Thanks again jay :D

Your welcome! Thanks for the free tile. :)

I'll be sending your tiles on Monday. Marked as a gift, with a low value. It will probably take 7 to 10 days to get there though...
Jay

I can't believe I haven't seen this video yet, that is awesome! I may have to get some glow tiles myself.

jayrob

styropyro said:
I can't believe I haven't seen this video yet, that is awesome! I may have to get some glow tiles myself.

Yep! I felt the same way... Very happy that Murudai hooked me up with one. I wonder if anybody knows where else to get similar tiles. The place I ordered them from took forever with the shipping. I called them twice, then finally found out that the package was coming from Spain...
Jay

artix

jayrob said:
Big? I have it at 640 wide. Seems like a good size. On my computer, it takes up about half the width of the screen...

Hehehe it only takes up a third of my screen! [smiley=happy.gif]

That tile is so cool! I will probably get one when I am finished my Kryton groove blu-ray! Those tiles only ship to the us... but Murudai says:
"They only ship to the US though, that's why I asked Jayrob to order them for me"

I will ask you when I am ready... ;)

(Old thread! Just realized ::))

Kenom

I have both the tile and the adhesive glow paper. Both glow for HOURS. but i like the adhesive paper as you can cut it to any size and set it on anything.

jayrob

Kenom, how about a link to where we can get some of that adhesive paper your talking about... :)
Jay

Kenom

Same place. I'll do up a video of it. but it is also at glowrope.com