Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray / 405nm UV Fluorescence & Glow Kit [NEW AND IMPROVED]

Re: Blu-ray / 405nm UV Fluorescence & Glow Kit (back in stock)

Received my kit and everything's good.

Thanks! : )

DJNY

Thanks for the kit +:beer:

Im interested!

Alright. Can you send me a PM so i can reply to it rather than find this thread again?

Just a quick question about this kit, I saw in the OP that it said something about mixing it in paints, well I'm getting my room repainted soon by these professional painters, so if I "accidently" dropped some of the powder into the paint, would my room be like all fluorescence when I shined my 405 laser onto it, and would it fade away quickly? Dont wanna have GITD marks all over my wall permanantly. Thanks

Just a quick question about this kit, I saw in the OP that it said something about mixing it in paints, well I'm getting my room repainted soon by these professional painters, so if I "accidently" dropped some of the powder into the paint, would my room be like all fluorescence when I shined my 405 laser onto it, and would it fade away quickly? Dont wanna have GITD marks all over my wall permanantly. Thanks

That would would, though you'd need a pretty sizable amount to mix in for an entire room's worth of paint (probably a few kg of powder). Depending on the ambient light in the room and how concentrated the mixture is in the paint, it'll glow brightly for a few minutes and then slowly fade away again. After about an hour you can faintly see where it was marked still. I think a "charged up" wall or ceiling coated with green glow will illuminate the room well enough to read by for about half an hour.

Wow, that sounds cool! ( the read for a few hours bit, not the kg bit) , well what about the really powerfull liquid thing, the One you mixed into a gallons of water? Anyhow, if I dumped all 3 vials of the powder into the paint, would it work?

That would be cool if you painted your wall with it but I think they sell GITD paint already, right?

They do, but it isn't completely clear and also the glow properties only last for 1-2 sec, after that, it fades, and it's a bit to obv, this isn't my house and I don't want anyone to find out what I did, so I thought the powder mixed into the original paint would be better so yh

Wow, that sounds cool! ( the read for a few hours bit, not the kg bit) , well what about the really powerfull liquid thing, the One you mixed into a gallons of water? Anyhow, if I dumped all 3 vials of the powder into the paint, would it work?

I don't think the dye would work as it's meant to be used in liquid suspension and not in dried paint. Adding the 3 vials to paint may work but it would only be suitable for a very small amount of paint (perhaps a cup or two).

I've taken a picture of a molded piece of plastic I made embedded with green glow, it works quite well as a light in dark rooms. Enough so that 5 seconds under a blacklight is sufficient for it to illuminate my bathroom for about 5-10 minutes.

1pLLA.jpg

How much would a kit run with double the europium powders?

How much would a kit run with double the europium powders?

I can double it up for an additional $6.00, feel free to send me a private message if you'd like to discuss some specific configuration.

What ratio's would you recommend for mixing in clear paint to get results similar to your paper example?

What ratio's would you recommend for mixing in clear paint to get results similar to your paper example?

One of the vials (2.5g) mixed into about one fluid ounce of paint makes for a very nice bright glow effect, you can adjust the ratio higher or lower depending on how bright you want it.

Order placed tuesday, kit just arrived today :beer:
Man this stuff glows bright! So cool.
Thanks again Addonnex :)
Only problem is I got this mixed up with another package of mine and now the inside of my nostrils are glowing :crackup: JK of course
Bump bump :D

Last edited: