Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blood Moon and Lasers

Here's a couple pics I took tonight. To get the moon looking good required the laser beam to be kinda big. I've got about 50 shots but these are the first few I've downloaded from the camera. Wanted to get a couple up right away.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 381

The lasers used were my newest Titanium Sinner host 520nm 1.6w and a 3.5w 445 in a Ricktrent flashlight host. Didn't have all the equipment I wanted with me when I took these. Camera was a 8mp Coolpix set to nighttime with the shutter delay equivalent set to 2+ (max). Really wish I'd had some better camera equipment but that's the best I could dig up tonight. Next chance in October, Feast of Tabernacles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 259
One more..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
It's awesome, but it'd be even better if you were to upload them somewhere like Photobucket and then just link them here - that way we can see them in all full resolution glory.

Just use the "IMG" type of link from the Photobucket, and the photo will even be embedded directly into your post but in full resolution.

alennn

Nice shots, I like the fourth one, it looks like it's shooting the Moon. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great photos, I like your 3rd pic the best. It looks like your beam is heating the moon, and making it glow red! :D
I really wanted to see this, but heavy clouds and snow in my area shot that down!

Typical. We had a clear sky last night and I was going on about how the moon was a perfect clean disc. Illumination had to have been close to 100%, cleaner than usual where it's often slightly gibbous. Wish I'd known it was going to be eclipsed as I'd have stayed up.

Saw the blood moon here in the Midwest. Awesome sight , and for once the clouds were not a problem.
The first of four, a tetrad of blood moons, that will happen every 6 months.

Grix

Typical. We had a clear sky last night and I was going on about how the moon was a perfect clean disc. Illumination had to have been close to 100%, cleaner than usual where it's often slightly gibbous. Wish I'd known it was going to be eclipsed as I'd have stayed up.

Unfortunately us non-Americans wouldn't have been able to see it either way.

I am going to try photobucket here in a little while. I don't think you're going to get much better views though, this little Coolpix camera just doesn't have the best resolution. I had to shoot most of them with full electronic magnification on top of the zoom lens to get any real size. We'll see how photobucket works.

imagejpg68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]