Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

blocking radio waves/micro waves

JB Just make 100W+ FM transmitter that transmitts 50KHz+ on what ever radio frequencys you want to block, Thats the best suggestion I can give you, since i know little about RF stuff.

If it's the next door apartment, and he/she is recvng FM Broadcast, you don't even need a whole Watt of power. A $10 kerioke, FM Mike, kit moded with a irritating AF input can/will do the trick (without enough colateral interence to bother the FCC). Fry's carries FM mike kits and any feedback amp circuit will provide the irritating screem.

As for the OP, I vote for the EMP cannon. Good one!

Last edited:

xoxos

He is right... just about all radio bands are government regulated (with good reason). What your trying to do is very illegal.... Its pretty easy to do though even at a wide 1-2mile radius.... however, unless you find some very convincing reason I don't think i'm going to bother to share =P

Edit: *note to self* as always... learn to read the full post *smack face*

Rationale? :)
How about
Court to Defendant: Stop Blasting That Man’s Mind! | Danger Room | Wired.com

I know it's not a notion that wins a lot of confidence with others, but considering the proliferation of gems like "How to get even," it's inevitable that electronic techniques are going to be used for malicious purposes with increasing frequency.

I've found some "boutique schematics" precisely for electronic defense due to the illegality of said items, the issue there is that parts run up to $200 and the build requires an oscilloscope and engineering students seem to fluff it a lot, and I run about 50/50 doing distortion pedals.

Obviously I'm not going to profit from divulging particulars about my experience, so all I can say is that anyone who investigates portable and facile methods of jamming is likely to benefit from it in the future.

Thanks for the word on magnets - prices just went up 50% so you saved me a few notes.

(@ xoxos)
THAT'S what I'm looking for - "Electromagnetic Terrorism".

You see, I basically believe in "the golden rule". To a point. If I was playing my television too loud, or my computer speakers were turned up too loud, or music too loud... and it bothered a neighbor... I would WANT that neighbor to TELL me, so that I could adjust my behavior.

But when my walls are rattling because my "neighbor" is playing his stereo TOO loud with TOO MUCH bass, and I go and POLITELY ask him to lower the volume, and all I get is " Mind you own bizness, suckuh!"; then I have NO RESPECT for him. That's when I start calling the police. Which takes a while, and many phone calls... it's a low priority for the local police. And my apartment manager doesn't care.

So something that causes a next door stereo to "blank out", or appear to be malfunctioning, or just BURN OUT would be a godsend. I know that it isn't practical. Wishful thinking.

Electronically induced mind control - yea, that's the ticket!

"Turn it down... lower your bass... turn it down... your brain will melt... lower your bass... you have donkey ears... turn it down..."

Are you sure they are listening to the radio? What if they switch to a CD?
Maybe you need to start their apartment on fire?

I never said that they were listening to the radio. Check my first post in the thread.

xoxos

that's a tough one :) calling the police is a fair method, but it can depend on the police (some will check back regularly) or other factors, eg. whether your neighbor will know who it was and do something asinine in revenge. some people are just inconsiderate, and retaliation doesn't always engender the most forward moving solution. it would be cool if you could make friends with the guy, and say "hey," and they'd understand, it would be cooler if you didn't have to go to the bother.

i'm an electronic musician and i've read a *lot* of discussions about these issues, you could try running your lawn mower outside their window at 2am but they may be drunk and you'll find a gun in your face.

electronic harassment is another thing altogether - well, sort of. it's like playing your stereo loud solely for the purpose of pissing someone off, except a different class of technology. like those "death ray schematics" you used to find in the back of comic books for $15, except the devices actually work. you could pick up an HSS speaker from lradx.com (military contractor, not crackpot vendor) and set out to learn everything you can about them, what makes them tick, illegally acquire personal information, then follow them around and beam voices into their head noone else can hear. a different strata of "electronic harassment" than what are usually referenced as "noise campaigns".

EH would be.. using sub-or super audio frequencies which the target can't detect to harass them. i had this idea about taking one of those "moo box" toys that makes sound when you flip it upside down, throwing it in a cylinder with a motor and a solar panel on it..

cute, but nonlethal. some of the EH devices floating around (raytheon) are lethal. noise campaigning can be debilitating, eg. prolonged sleep deprivation. banging on someone's window every two hours all night for months on end, causing anxiety and aggravation. firing a pistol outside their window.

there's a whole world of crappy ways to treat people.

i don't have a solution for you, but as a musician i can assure you that loud music (and presumably alcohol and smoke) do have a synergetic, debilitating effect :) your friend over there is getting it worse than you are. they're just not of the disposition to be concerned.

Last edited:
JB,
Texas has Renter's Rights Laws. Your apartment manager may not want to care, but, they legally have to. Keep calling the police, and the manager when you call the cops, and tell the police that you have complained to the manager (who does nothing). When that fails, look up the local renters association, and the will tell you hao to file a complaint with the police department and even the state's attorney.
Been there done that.

Last edited: