Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BlitzBucks Back and More on Survival Laser!

Garoq

We now have BlitzBuck adjustable drivers back on the Survival Laser stores, in a V5 design!

The BlitzBuck is an original design by Wolfman29 and has long been popular with LPF members.

The BBV5 has been redesigned with the components moved away from the edge of the board to eliminate any shorting issues during assembly and now has silicone insulated lead wires attached!

1431981374297_blitzbuck_v5.jpg

The BBV5 is still 16.8mm in diameter and is designed to fit C6, S4, SL stainless and other hosts that accept a 16.8mm driver board. All the other specs are the same:

Specifications:
Diameter: 16.84mm +/- .05mm
Input Voltage: 1.2*Vin - 16V
Output Voltage: <1V - 9V
Output Current: 1.5A - 3A (varies slightly per board)
Ripple Current: <100mA
Input Spike Current: <100mA
Efficiency: 85-90%
Circuit Continuity: Isolated D- and D+

Features:
- Thermal shutdown. Will protect your driver (and diode) in the event of driver overheating. Once it reaches the temperature threshold, it will shut down until the main IC drops to a sufficiently low temperature to restart again. However, if left on, it will decrease in temperature, turn on again, and then turn off again due to temperature increase. This will lead to a pulsed effect on the output. This indicates it needs some rest time.

- Soft-start. There is a 1ms soft-start built into the driver to prevent large inrush current spike.

- Open-circuit protection. No current will be drawn and no current will be outputted when the test load or diode is disconnected from the output. It will not damage the driver whatsoever leaving it like this for any amount of time.

- Adjustable. 3mm potentiometer for allowing smooth control over the current output.

Price is the same at $19.99 each. Use the LPF445 code and get a 10% discount. ;)

Note: Pill and brass ring not included, must be purchased separately.

In addition, Wolfman29's Blitz Linear drivers are in stock and will be available on the stores very soon. I will make a separate announcement when they are ready for sale.

17286813254_7f02a78421_b.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hi Gary,
Nice to see components moved to the center looks great adjustable to. Good thinking buddy I'll try one or two when you put them up. I like to have spare drivers around, never know when you'll get bit by the building bug. Truthfully I get bit all the time.great product keep up the good work pal. :))

Garoq

Thanks Lifetime, we're glad to have them back on the stores.

Just ordered two blitz linear drivers. I've been poking around for one and just saw these on sale!!
YAY!!

Edit. Just saw they might not be available but they were for sale in your store. So i guess ill see what happens

Last edited:

Garoq

Just ordered two blitz linear drivers. I've been poking around for one and just saw these on sale!!
YAY!!

Edit. Just saw they might not be available but they were for sale in your store. So i guess ill see what happens

Yes, they are in stock and will be shipped ASAP!

Thanks!

How do you set a current on a blitz-buck driver.
And is this the same as the 30$ 1.8-2.2A custom SL driver (x-drive)

Garoq

It is not the same circuit as the SL adjustable drivers but the current is set in the same way. You will need an adjustable test load and a regulated power supply (or batteries if already installed in the pill and host). There are instructions on how to use the test load posted on the SL stores.