Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bitcoin Discussion

diachi

Something that is not regulated like Bitcoin
scares me.
All I can see is that Bitcoin is going up and
up until it crashes. I prefer investing in a
home and land.

Jerry

Yup, not like other markets keep inflating until they crash. Never seen that before. ;)

I get what you mean though, at least you own something physical if you invest in a home and land.

I wouldn't put big money into cryptocurrencies, but if you start early enough, not too worried.

A friend of mine just called me asking me if I wanted to invest in them. Bitcoin is essentially based upon solving math puzzles by computer. Talk about a fiat currency. It is all speculation in an attempt to make money out of thin air. I don't buy into any of it.

Yea that bitcoin mining business sounds sketchy, I thought they had an issue a while back, I bet it happens again, when it crashes I bet someone is going to absorb a fortune.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put big money into cryptocurrencies, but if you start early enough, not too worried.

I know that $50K is not a fortune, but you could buy a nice Benz with it. I wouldn't have that much in bitcoin or any crypto-currencies....but, that's just me.

Yea that bitcoin mining business sounds sketchy, I thought they had an issue a while back, I bet it happens again, when it crashes I bet someone is going to absorb a fortune.

Yeah, Eitan.... :crackup:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :shhh: :oops:

Yes, you can make a lot of money, IF, you are clairvoyant and know when the bubble is going to bust and sell first.
That is why I am working fervently on my laser guided time machine.
Once I get the kinks out I will make a bundle.

You don't have to wait until a bubble burst to make $$$ - cash out way too early and still make bank. Litecoin already gained over 4,000 percent this year.

Last edited:
You still need to know when to cash out.
It could crash the day after you buy.
There was only one time I would have played the speculative wheel.
I used to be on a listserve for information regarding new soporifics.
Seven months prior to the approval of what we now call Lunesta, I get this notice that it is pending approval. That it had been used in other countries for years and had phase III studies demonstrating efficacy past the usual 2 weeks AND that I could even purchase the generic from Canada because it was not controlled there at the time, led me to beleive it would be approved and, at least initially, be a hit.
The stock at the time was 40.
I thought the day after release it would hit at least 60.
That is exactly what happened.
However, I did not place my bet...the possibility for untoward world events is still not predictable.
I suppose that was the closest thing to insider trading without it being insider trading lol.
I am just a very sore loser.
That is why I don't gamble.

And it looks like the crypto bubble is finally popping as I expected. Hope no-one had money invested they could not afford to lose. BTC is down ~30% in 24 hrs and will most likely go a lot lower as everyone panics and floods the market. Looks like some are dumping a lot of money right now attempting to save the market but I highly doubt it will recover from this anytime soon.

What's that saying about something being too good to be true?

Last edited:

Grix

I'm very interested in cryptocurrency, as you may know since I've accepted bitcoin and more for lasers in my store since 2012.

See also this thread. I gave away 1.5 BTC to forum members here. This would now be worth around $20000 :)
https://laserpointerforums.com/f60/bitcoin-78925.html

These days I am more excited about ethereum though. It's a blockchain with much more features than bitcoin.

Last edited:

JoshuaGonzalez

I also find the sheer number of crypto currencies out there now to be a bit crazy. You have the main ones like BTC/Litecoin/Eth, and then a bunch of weird unknown ones. Seems like BTC has the name recognition though, and that's what sets it apart. Or is it legitimately better? Who knows:can:

Modern world demands vivid development and increasing income in cryptocurrency, as well. I also use Bitcoins in my activities, but I started to get profit with the help of https://3commas.io/ . This automatic tools allowed me to make sure in my life for a long time.

You need to check the date of the last post.
What you are doing is called necroposting....o_O

Jerry

As I told someone else on FB, I think I'll pass on something that would become useless when EMP weapons are used.