Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BIOS changing parallel port settings?

Fenzir

Did everything install correctly on the Win XP 32-bit computer?

On the Win Xp, the PL2303 installed just fine, the Net Interface 2.0 did not install fine, but it did not install on my Vista either, in both cases I had downloaded 4.0 from an external source. The interface software went fine but again, when I opened the interface software on my XP, I atleaset saw the dropdown for my Comm ports, on my Vista, I had never seen it.

Things

This may not be the case here, but whenever I've had windows tell me it's an unknown device, it's boiled down to faulty hardware ...

Yes. Another LaserBee, or cable(adapter assembly if there is one). I hope the person(s) "LaserBee", "V33", or another has a better answer, the computer, from what I have read and experienced seems fine. Good luck, I will keep an eye on the posts here to see if/when you resolve this.

Kevlar

In the OP, it was stated he didn't have the "Ports" tree. I still say this is where the problem started, and still is. There should have been a ports tree under device manager. I have Vista and I had the Port tree from the beginning.

On the Win Xp, the PL2303 installed just fine, the Net Interface 2.0 did not install fine, but it did not install on my Vista either, in both cases I had downloaded 4.0 from an external source. The interface software went fine but again, when I opened the interface software on my XP, I atleaset saw the dropdown for my Comm ports, on my Vista, I had never seen it.

Sorry I couldn't get on the Forum yesterday after ~6:00 PM..
We had a Hydro power failure until after I went to sleep..

I just read all the posts above and see that you have tried just
about everything possible...

I would suggest that you send back your LaserBee 2.5W LPM
and Thermopile and the CD in the same box it came in..
Once you tested it on the XP I started to suspect that the
LaserBee may have an issue.

Contact me by PM and we'll get this sorted out ASAP... ;)

Thanks for all the help from other members....

Jerry

Fenzir

I'll PM you when I get home, but Jerry or anyone else, do you see the PL2303 port when you don't have your LPM plugged in?

NO.... you will only see the Comport that is assigned to the
LaserBee's USB cable by the computer in Ports (COM & LPT)
if you plug it in and is seen by the computer...

The computer cannot assign a Com Port when there is nothing
there...

When you see a PL-2303 in the Programs & Features it is showing
that the PL-2303 USB Driver is installed... nothing more..

Jerry

Last edited: