Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Big HOWDY from Texas!

Greetings all!

My name is Nate and I'm finally upgrading from 'silent lurker' to active member. I have been silently reading (probably) thousands of threads, tinkering, extracting, designing, and building for a few months now. Now I think I have some worthwhile information and tricks I've picked up that I'm sure the community can benefit from.

It all started one day on eBay, a green laser torch caught my eye. Advertised as 5mW, I didn't care much for the low power, as the beam shot photos looked great. Turns out it was closer to 30mW, and the bug never subsided.

My main interest in building lasers is not power, but rather the challenge of it all, and making them look great. I have been an electronics technician for my entire adult life and I'm becoming an amateur machinist very quickly. Admittedly, one of the reasons I bought my lathe was to make laser heat sinks. The other was for pneumatic airsoft parts.

Most of what I do is not expensive or exquisite (aside from machine work). I am a father of 4, three dogs, two cats, and at least a half dozen fish. Expensive parts tend to turn me away, but if I can make it on a machine with my own artistic contribution, then the challenge is on! :D

I hope that I can add to this wonderful forum, and we can learn from each other, as I have already learned from you!

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you are destined to be a great laser builder with those those skills!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Btw, nice to see another animal lover. :) What kind of fish do you have?

welcome join our texas group sending you an invite now

@ madmac

why did the chicken cross the Mobieus strip??

to get to the same side---lol

hak--- down near lake jackson

Last edited:
welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Sorry I've left you guys out... I was paying attention to my other thread over in the reds...

@EMF: I have a few goldfish and some river guppies the older kids caught. Our youngest pair needed some stimulation, and my mother-in-law suggested it. She gave us the tank, so why not?

@madmacmo: I might be able to pull it off. We'll need a few mirrors, and you'll have to hold one of your eyes shut! :na:

@laserbee: Thanks! I have some basic protection, but won't be building anything too crazy until I get a proper pair. That might be never, since I like to show people what I've got! :)